Saturday

The Circle of Life

As I started this post the thought "Out with the Old...In with the New" popped into my head.  It fits...that's kind of how the day went.

Maxine Muir Van Rensselaer (Grandma Lowe's Sister) was put to rest this morning.  She lived in California along with her two children for many years and so they had her funeral services there and then brought her body to Ogden as her resting spot.  I always admired Maxine and thought she was so classy.  She was happy and wonderful and as I listened to her kids, Francine and Bob speak of her I smiled because we are similar in a few ways.  Maxine had different groups of friends that she liked going to lunch with.  She was a lover of friends and family....they are most important to her.  I liked her white casket and told Larry that I would prefer one just like that.  The graveside service was short and sweet.  Maxine was always concerned about others being hungry and so after the service upon her request everyone went to lunch.  (we left and went to Behr's blessing)
It's always nice seeing extended family and it was that way today.  I really love Larry's relatives and appreciate the little opportunities every now and then to say Hi to them and get a hug.
Behrenger Scott Barrow was blessed today by his Grandpa Ropelato.  It was an honor for Larry to give this cutie a blessing.  It was awesome to see the love and support of both families.  This happened on a Saturday because a lot of TJ's family had to drive far and it just worked out better for them.  It was nice and we had a yummy lunch afterwards at the church too.

Jaydan didn't realize Behr's blessing was on a Saturday and so he missed it. (darn)  The rest of our family was there and my mom came too. (actually Braxton and Kelsi brought her)  It's always a wonderful day when our family is together.

I met more of TJ's family and they are really nice.  It was fun to watch TJ.  He is such a proud daddy.
Later in the day Larry took me to our friends (the Hunters) for a baby shower.  It was fun visiting with the Hunter family.  We use to go with them boating when our kids were little and it was easier to schedule things.  Now we hardly see them but we will forever love them.

0 comments: