I was sick all through the night! I spent part of the night on the cold bathroom floor because I didn't have the energy to get to my bed, or back if I needed. I hate being sick and I'm very glad I don't experience it often. At one point Larry said it was 3:30 am and I responded "good". I was so glad that I still had a few hours to get better. I had a big day planned.
I was planning on taking Larry's mom to the Airport so she could go visit Shari. Carla was going to come with me because I was also going to take her to lunch for her birthday since she will be at her cute daughters on her birthday. Well when it was closer to that time I knew there was no way I was going to be able to pull myself together. I was improving but not fast enough. Trichelle ended up taking Grandma and I rescheduled with Carla. I washed the sheets and towels to wash away the yucky germs and that wore me out. I made my bed again and decided that I was just going to have a day at home to rest. Jaydan and Kimleighel went and got me some sprite and crackers and I rested the entire day. I did get up after a few hours and put a few ornaments on the tree. I just hadn't taken the time until today to do so. I read and napped and after a few hours I was feeling a bit stronger. I still ached a little and so I took a few pain relievers. I rested a little more and then decided I was done being sick. I showered and got ready to go with Carla to Debbie's Cookie party!
Carla and I decided to combine our cookies and split the ones we exchanged for. I made banana cookies and Carla made oatmeal chocolate chip. (my two favorite cookies) We exchanged for a bunch of different kinds. Carla gave me more of her oatmeal cookies for my family and they were the first to go. I think the cookie exchange is a good idea but I prefer not to exchange. I would rather just go and visit and that is what I have done over the last several years if I have been able to make it at all. I know Debbie makes plates up for her neighbors but I don't and so the exchange isn't wonderful for me. Carla is using the cookies for a treat tomorrow for the DUP luncheon. I enjoyed visiting with Lynn. Lynn is funny and she is the one who gave up her spot at bowling so Carla could bowl. Lynn didn't exchange this year. She just came to visit. I guess she stayed until 11:00. Debbie messaged me a thank you for coming and added that I always light up the events that I attend! That sure made me smile.....like a big smile! ☺
For a day that started out "crappy" it ended pretty sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment