So this book came out today on ebook. I was excited to have Jared's story printed in a book. I knew it had to be fiction so the author could embellish our story. I send Mr. Benton pages and pages of our experiences and expected those things to be in the fictional part of the story. For instance...Kevin, Marc, David and Scott spend the night in the mountains looking for Jared the entire night. Marc got hypothermia and the other three seriously saved his life. These guys heard bears and had quite the experience. I thought for sure that would be mentioned in the story but it wasn't. In fact the fictional part of this book isn't just "loosely" based on the story of Jared....it's nothing like Jared's story.
Even though it's nothing like Jared's story at all there are lots of good survival tips in the fictional story. I did like the preface and the kind things Mr. Benton said about Jared. He praised him for being survival savvy. At the end of the book is our part....The True Story of Jared. There were a few mistakes but I thought it was exceptionally written. Again Mr. Benton praised Jared in his final comments for adjusting after his only mistake. He left a little message for Jared..."Jared, God must have a special life selected for you with many challenges, so face each one as you did your survival and you'll do fine. I'm proud of you, young man."
I decided that I will write the story myself. I know I am no writer but I will put together the things that we know happened and our feelings and experiences. I don't care to sell it to others but to have it for our family. I had thought about writing it before but found it to over whelming. I think I've had enough time to organize it in my mind. Mr. Benton has been an inspiration to me and I appreciate him for his efforts and all the time he spent on putting this together.
Little Miss Jordy was sick during the night and so she got to come play with me. She is such a cutie and didn't act sick at all. I enjoyed having her over. We went and helped Mallory get started on her book for her kids. She wants to make a picture book of their Disneyland trip and I was able to get her going. I enjoyed being able to help her out. The school gave Kevin a few hours off and so he came home to be with Jordyn.
Larry and I went the Temple. I really do enjoy going to the Temple each week and out to dinner with Larry. This week we ate at the Temple. We had Turkey Divan and it was good. Larry decided that every other week we'd eat at the Temple. That works for me....anything works for me when I don't have to cook.When we got home I was feeling really tired but decided I'd better make some cookies for the Cookie Exchange Debbie Peterson is having at her house tomorrow. I just wasn't feeling good and was starting to feel really weak and hot. I turned off the furnace and thought that might help. I was also trying to make a little gift for the girls at special needs. I was feeling so drained. Then my stomach stared rebelling and I was visiting the restroom more often than normal. I finished the cookies and decided it was time for bed. The gifts could wait. I was done for the day.
Not a fun way to end a day!




2 comments:
Dang it! I Was hoping he was going to really tell the true story. Why did he feel he had to do a fiction story instead of the REAL one? I think a real one would sell much better anyway? I think you should definitely do your own! In all of your spare time! haha
Fiction so that he could put words and thoughts in others minds. I just really that he was going to embellish what I sent him...but he didn't :(
Post a Comment