Friday

A Very Merry Christmas

Last night after the grands had gone home,  Larry, Jaydan, Kimleighel, Jared and I sat down and watched a few Christmas Movies.  We watched Christmas Card and The Grinch!  It was a fun way to end a wonderful Christmas Eve.  The kids went to bed and Larry and I assisted Santa.  Not long after we had gone to bed, Jared came down and said that Kevin and Santa needed assistance at gramps and so he went to help out.  I like assisting Santa....it makes me truly happy and I feel wonderful.

Jared got home after a few hours and then a few hours later it was time to get up to feed the cows.  The cows got an extra bale since it was Christmas....I wonder if they knew.
Everyone got up and we met in the front room to see what Santa had brought.  Santa brought some games for the family.  The kids each got a new coat and some new shirts.  Oh and Santa even brought the cereal for them.  Yeah Santa!!!  I felt good about everything and thought we were truly blessed.
 
We cleaned up after making some breakfast and took off to see what the grands woke up to.  Our first stop was gramps since a few our cute grands are sleeping there right now.  Right in his front room was a bunk bed for the girls and some darling bedding.  Kam got a cool Barbie Van that changes into a hotel or big room and Jordie got a riding toy.  The girls were happy.  They also found out that twins will be joining their family when they opened a gift with two dolphin onesies.  Woo Hoo...Kamryn was excited.  Jordyn might not be but we will have to wait and see.
Then we went to Justin's house.  His kids were cleaned up and dressed and happily playing with their new toys that Santa brought.  Mya got new lego's that she already had together, a barbie car and a scooter.  Parker also got lego's and a really cool transformer...the coolest I have ever seen.  Macie got a baby and a cute Castle with lots of people and things to go with it.  They were happy and content.  Parker took Bark...the bunny....some carrots that Santa had left.  Parker trapped Bark the bunny and boy is he big.  He can even jump over the fence to get out of the pen. However he has learned that it's nicer and warmer inside the pen and so he's stayed in the last few days.
We had to wait a few hours to go to Trichelle's because it was Ivy's year to be at her dad's for Christmas morning. We went before going to my moms.  Ivy got some new books and a Science kit.  Zaden got some books that go along with the computer games he loves to play and a really big Lego set.  The family got a remote control helicopter and they are going to go on a ski trip.  Behr has so many new jammies that instead of wearing jammies he was in a little Santa suit for Christmas.  What a cutie!  Behr got a musical play seat.  He can sit and play with things all around the seat and his feet tap on musical bars when he moves them...very cute.
We didn't make it to see what Sadie got because between their running and ours we couldn't make it work out. We all decided it was okay this year since Sadie didn't really care or know.  I had Kelsi send me a few pictures of her though and I can tell she was pretty happy with her first Christmas.
Those that could make it decided to meet at my mom's at 2:18.  Susan and a few of her kids decided to come at that time too.  Bennett is here for a visit and so him and his honey were there too.  It was fun and the house was full but mom loved it!  My mom buys all year for her great grands when she volunteers at the elementary school.  She gives them all books and fun stuff.  The little girls got babies and they all loved them.  Her grands and kids get cards and $$$ which is greatly appreciated.  My mom has always made Christmas so much fun.  She had sandwich makings for everyone and we all enjoyed visiting  and eating until everyone had to leave.  I love my mom's house and the people that frequent there.  I love my Sister and her kids and grands.  I love my brothers and their friends.  I know my dad was close by and probably really glad he was on the other side of the veil with all the noise and chaos going on.  He didn't care for all the confusion but my mom seemed to enjoy it.  My dad was missed but thought of...always thought of.  I loved it and again had thoughts of  "I LOVE CHRISTMAS" going through my mind.

On the way home we dropped off Trichelle's families gifts and then went to visit Mom and Clark. Trichelle doesn't like leaving on Christmas and has so many visitors coming and going anyway.  It's nice for her to stay home and keep things as simple as possible.  Mom and Clark appreciated our visit and we really do need to make more of an effort throughout the year to visit our parents.  Heck...I'm going to want my kids visiting me and so I'd better set a good example.
A gift that makes me smile is this cute gift the Shirley made for me.  I have seen these in pictures but not this cute.  She said when she saw it she thought of me and had to make me one.  I love that the chocolate under the glass says "Chocolate Never Faileth".  That's the truth!  I love my friends and their thoughtfulness but most of all their friendships.  I don't think I could be more blessed!
My oldest brother is Santa's Helper.  He sent this to Bennett on Christmas.  I'm happy seeing him make the children happy.  Ho Ho Ho!

0 comments: