Saturday

Time Out For Women

I was so excited when Barbie asked me if I wanted to go to Time Out For Women with her.  I have heard good things about these conferences but have never went.  I loved it so much I want to go again and I think we will in February.  I loved that everyone met together and everyone got to enjoy all the good speakers and music.  It was pretty perfect.

I came home and was telling Larry all about it.  I learned so many good things.  Thank goodness I took a few notes because after just two days I had forgot some of the first talks and even one of the speakers completely.
Here's a few of the notes I made:
"If it's important to you, then it's important to God!"
*Mary Cook---God provides miracles everyday.  Matt 17:20 For verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Sometimes our world stops (especially with a death) but we need to move forward with faith.  Our trials are to teach and strengthen us.  2 Nephi 31:20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men.  Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have Eternal Life. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.  We are surrounded by Angels on both sides of the veil.  We need to believe in and support our husbands and sons.  If you need a testimony, you'd better put yourself in a place where you can find one.  Just do your best...God acknowledges our best efforts.  We are Angels to many.
*Studio C...Sheri Dew interviewed Natalie and Mallory.  A few things I jotted down. Comparison is the thief of Joy. Don't let fear dictate your actions.  Validate each other for our brains and hearts instead of our looks all the time.  Have faith in Jesus Christ not circumstances.  Our trials can be blessings.  Everyone gets hurt but can heal through Gods love.  Have faith to follow God's plan for us.
*Mary Ellen Edmunds-- Secret Services make others think good of everyone...it could have been them.  Luke 4:10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee.  Angels show how instead of showing off.  3 Nephi 18: 32 Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out of your synagogues, or your places of worship, for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them; and ye shall be the mean of bringing salvation unto them. We should never give up on our friends or family...but must keep loving them.  We can't do everything but we can do something.  We need to turn ourselves over to God.  D & C 84:88 and whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up. Everyone can be an Angel.  God notices us and watches over us and usually it is from another mortal being but sometimes He comes Himself.
Mosiah 24:14 and I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that y may know of a surety that I , the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
*Gentry (gentlemen trio)--  Guys need permission to be gentlemen.  Sometimes they need reminded.  One righteous woman has the power to the change the world.  One voice can make a difference.  Our qualities are unique and wonderful.
*Lisa Valentine Clark--- Be YOU! We don't need to be like everyone else...our strengths are our differences.  Be grateful for the gifts we have and quit comparing.  Write down what you are good at.  Be Happy with Your Choices and Gifts. Our expectations are in our heads, are they kind and realistic?  We need each other and our differences to survive.
*Tim Ballard--- Shine a light in the darkness. (we are the light)  Pray to know when we are needed by others and pray to recognize it.  Be brave.
*Hank Smith---God has a plan for us.  Our plan of Happiness may change because it might not be the same as God's plan of happiness for us.  One fourth of the people are depressed and we all need to be kinder to those that suffer from depression.  Happy people: spend money on others.  They surround themselves with happy people.  They find reasons to be happy and to smile.  They listen to good music, and exercise and eat healthy.  The spend at least 20 minutes outside, get enough sleep, and also meditate for 5 minutes each day. Accentuate the positive and live with eyes and heart wide open. God has a Plan of Happiness for each of us and no matter what happens in life nothing can change a Happy Person.
*Amy Freeman---Jesus is real and helps us in our lives and we need to recognize His help and thank Him for it.  We don't always see God's hand in our lives so we should at least look for his fingerprints.  We are more similar than we are different.  How is the Lord preparing you?  Keep track of your journey in a journal. God's fingerprint can be in the lion....our challenges.  Reflect Righteousness.  Be Articulate.  Be Happy!  Be a Difference Maker!  The Lord exceeds promises one by one.

The Spirit was strong and my heart was touched over and over.  The message I heard over and over is God has a plan for each of us and it might not be the plan we have for ourselves.  Be prepared to accept His plan.  We make a difference...each and every one of us.  We are His and He loves us.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh I love TOFW! I went a couple times and LOVED IT! Where is going to be held in February? Thanks for posting your notes! I felt like I almost went!