Thursday

Happy Thanksgiving

I learned today that Thanksgiving is Jared's favorite Holiday.  I like it too.  I like the memories I have of past Thanksgivings involving family, extended family, lots of food and love! I think for the next few years I will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  For years Darinda and I switched off but since they got their home in St George we decided that  we would just celebrate with our own little families.  I don't mind that but to me Thanksgiving means extended family too.  The more the merrier in my opinion.

Earlier this week I felt like I was suppose to invite someone to our dinner.  I didn't know who but couldn't shake the feeling.  I was talking to Suzie Arave on the phone about this coming weekend and asked her what she was doing for Thanksgiving.  She said her and Duane were going to the movie later but didn't say anything about dinner.  I quickly invited her to our dinner.  One of her sons was going to his wife's family, the other was working and her baby is on a mission.  She wasn't planning on any kind of dinner for her and Duane.  I was so glad that they accepted my invite.  I also posted a message on face book hoping that if anyone else was in that predicament that they would also join us.  I think I was too late.  A friend of mine commented that she had done that same thing and had 8 others joining her group. I didn't get anyone else.  I found out later that my sister went to Chuck a Rama and didn't seem real thrilled about it in the text she sent.  I wish she would have called and joined us.  I just assume that her kids and my mom will have a dinner.

I stopped having Thanksgiving Dinner with my family many years ago.  It was easier to not be included.  After a few painful Thanksgivings I started the tradition of taking our family to Sherwood Hills after our Thanksgiving Dinner.  The Coys joined us the second year and the only reason we aren't doing it still is because Sherwood Hills is no longer a hotel. They sold out two years ago.  We have so many fun memories there.  It sure changed our Thanksgivings into something fun and wonderful.  I bet that's why it is Jared's favorite.

The Sister Missionaries stopped by and spent a few hours with us before going to another dinner.  It was fun having them over.  They are so cute.  They like to visit with Trichelle and her family.  Missionaries are pretty wonderful.  It's a joy having them over!

It was truly a blessed day.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

You are truly blessed! I am glad you had such a great day with family! Thanksgiving is the best!