Thursday

Lot's Happening

Today started off by going bowling.  The fall or winter season started and so I'm back to paying for my fun on Thursdays.  I enjoy spending those few hours with Carla and the rest of my friends that I have made because of bowling.  I bowled well today but could care less about my scores and so I forgot them.


After bowling I had Carla run with me to get cookies for Special Needs Mutual which started tonight.  Dale, the men's President, wanted Ice Cream Sandwiches but since I was put in charge of getting them I chose to get cookies since they were easier and much less $$$.  The activity tonight turned out great.  It was our first time together since the summer and the Muskrat Springs Ward came and did it for us.  They had 10 tables with different "minute to win it" activities.  We put the participants in groups and they rotated.  It went smoothly and the kids all had a great time.  I think it was a perfect start for this year.  We really appreciate the wards and people that come and participate with the special needs.  I love watching everyone interact...it thrills me.  (Heather Anderson is one of the best people born and this is her second time in organizing their mutual to come...I appreciate her so much for all her efforts...the men's President said the activity was perfect!)

After collecting cookies I talked Carla and Kathy into going with me to DUP (Daughters of Utah Pioneers) with me.  I was talked into joining and didn't want to go alone.  They both decided to join too even though Carla doesn't have any pioneer ancestors and isn't a member of our church.  It doesn't matter and she is still welcomed and can join.  I'm excited that they wanted to because it will make it much more fun for me.  I enjoyed hearing the stories of different pioneers...and the "free lunch" was delicious.  We all even brought some home for our hubbies.  

I picked plums from Kathy's tree so that Larry had something to take to our Ward's Dutch Oven Cook Off....he didn't end up even eating there.  He also took the cookies I brought home from DUP.  ☺

Fun...Fun...Day!

0 comments: