Wednesday

Bear Lake with Friends

 
I love girl time and will go with friends as often as I can.  Larry is always good to let me go however I had the feeling that this time he wasn't so thrilled. (maybe just me thinking that)  I'm not sure what's on his mind or plate but I might have an idea....just not sure. (our communication could be so much better...never a strong point for us)  I decided to just have fun and enjoy the positive energy from my friends...my bucket needed a little filling.  Boy did it get full...I came home much happier than when I left.  On the way to the condo we saw this Giant Minion!  I pulled over because  it SHOUTED..Kodak Moment all over it!  Mr. "R" made us smile and laugh.  The farmer came home on his tractor and waved and then got in his truck and waved again at us.  I suspect people stop often to get pictures with this guy.  The sky was beautiful with the sun shining down...so peaceful.  
On the way up we stopped at Fredrico's  to eat.  I love their Ham Salad and it was as yummy as I remember it.  The one collage has a little bit of our story all in one.  We played a lot and even got dumped off a bench...well at least Kathy and I were dumped.  I'm really not sure how Jodi stayed on but she did.  It was hilarious and I seriously laughed so hard my face was hurting.  A moose walked through the playground outside the condo but we missed it and got a picture from a lady.  We were right there but not looking out...darn...we would have loved to see it.  We got lots of photo's and took advantage of every photo opportunity and even got creative on how to hold the phone/camera.  It was so much fun.  Monday night we watched the new Cinderella.  Kimleighel bought it so that we could watch it.  We loved it! We visited a lot.  I'm thankful that I was able to talk about some things bugging me...I'm thankful for the support my friends are to me!
Tuesday morning we got up and decided to go to breakfast.  Jodi needed to get in a run and so she took off for the Restaurant while Kathy and I got ready.  We got there about the same time and just before they stopped serving breakfast.  It was fun seeing the "older" people there...and there were quite a few.  Before we left three older ladies came in just a smiling and I thought "that will be us in a few (20) years.  A gentleman joined them and I doubt that will happen with us...but ...who knows? 
After breakfast we played around with some toys and the gal waiting for something was kind enough to be our photographer.  I think she enjoyed us as much as we did.  (that's what I meant to say) We think we are funny and do enjoy ourselves.  After Jodi showered and cleaned up we walked out to the beach.  That's when we found out we were about an hour late seeing the Moose.  We had a blast taking pictures.  I like our little set up for the camera.  It worked pretty good but a guy that was close by finally walked over and offered to help us out.  We got his picture too but I didn't feel like posting it.

On the way back to the condo we did some swinging....Kathy took those pictures.  It was fun but it was also hot and I was ready to find some shade.  I do not do well in the sun for very long.  Even as a child I'd get sick and weak if I was in the sun for too long.  It drains me and I was feeling it.  I went back to the condo and got me some water and sat outside in the shade.  It was peaceful and nice.  Kathy and Jodi went to find the lady with the picture of the Moose.
 Part of our plan while at Bear Lake was to crochet around burpies.  We were able to get quite a few done.  We listened to the Bee Gee's while we acted like "grannies"...."glamorous grannies".  I was pretty pleased with all we got done.
We decided to go to dinner at Cafe Sabor.  There isn't much open this time of year in Bear Lake.  Because it isn't always busy at this time of year this place didn't have much help.  One guy was doing everything and he was busy.  Of course it didn't matter to us because we weren't in a hurry.  We went back and watched "The Fault in Our Stars" while we continued crocheting.  It was a really good show.  Another fun part about getting away is actually watching a movie.  I seldom take the time at home because there are so many other things I think I should be doing.  After the show Jodi and Kathy kept asking "Siri" funny questions.  We are easily entertained and laughed a lot.  I didn't use my phone much because my provider stinks and I don't get reception in Bear Lake or Hawaii. (yes...I will be changing that)
Those few days went fast.  In fact they went faster than getting ready to leave did. (j/k)  We were sitting around chatting when I thought it would be a good idea to get ready first and then play games or whatever before we needed to leave.  It was 10:00 when I suggested that.  Kathy decided not to shower since it takes her hours to get ready when she does.  (it still took her hours...not sure why)  Jodi and I were cleaning the condo while Kathy got ready and then Kathy came out and cleaned it more....even going over what we had done.  So by the time everything was done it was the time that I wanted to leave. I really thought we would have an hour or so to play games. I knew we were going to make a few stops and I wanted to be home in time to make dinner before Larry got home.  It's a good thing I did because that was the first words out of Kimleighel's mouth..."what's for dinner". (I hate that!)

We took time to look for four leaf clovers and it didn't take long at all for Jodi to find one!  Then we went to the lighthouse for some pictures because Jodi loves lighthouses.  For the ride home we stopped at Chevron to get a raspberry shake to share.  They really do have the best!  Thank goodness we all wanted some water afterwards because that is when Kathy realized that she didn't have her cooler.  It was still sitting on the counter in the condo. haha ☺  Turning around at this point was no big deal at all and I thought it was funny. (good thing our heads are attached)

The drive home was beautiful.  The leaves had changed colors in those two days.  We were ewwing and awwing all the way through the canyon.  It was the perfect ending of our fun get away.  I love, love, love the fall leaves!

We talked about starting an Annual Gratitude Glam-ma Tea Party.  We made plans of dressing up and what to serve.  To get everyone little gloves to wear and to have Gratitude Journals to write down the good things in our lives.  I thought it would be nice to have little cards to write nice things about everyone who comes.   We also talked about how important it is to smile. ☺  Jodi told us a story about a guy who decided to smile at every single person he saw....you just never know who will be affected by it.  One guy had been thinking about taking his life.  He had also prayed and told God that if just one person acknowledged his presence then he wouldn't.  A smile is so magical that is can actually save another person's life.  I'm all for smiling...Smiling really is my Favorite!

My computer was ready to pick up and so I did on the way home.  I was home in time to make dinner which was appreciated I'm sure.  My "bucket" was fuller than when I left and I was feeling good!  It really is important to take time for yourself no matter how you do it.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow! Once again I am blown away that you already have this posted! I must say I am grateful because now I can refer to it when I am trying to do mine! I would have forgotten to post half of that stuff! It sure was a fun trip and I'm glad it filled your bucket! It did mine too and I'm glad because I have needed it this week!
SO
MUCH
FUN!
SO glad I could join you guys! Can't wait to do it again! Next time we won't waste our time cleaning since it will be done over anyway, haha!!
LOVE YA!