Wednesday

Davaleen's Viewing

Davaleen Weir...
Davaleen Weir was a beloved mother of three, grandmother of one, and a friend of many.

Davaleen passed away suddenly on Tuesday, June 30th at age 54 due to sudden heart failure.

Davaleen was one of the most kind-hearted people; she was an animal lover and took care of all she came in contact with.  She loved Music, Art, Geology and Physics, and Film Production, and her new granddaughter, Sunshine.

Davaleen wanted nothing more than to be a grandmother and was able to meet her granddaughter and adore her for three short weeks.                            (this was the obituary)

Wow....I still can't believe that my dear friend as passed.  I usually don't attend the viewing the night before if I plan on attending the funeral but I just felt like I needed to.

This morning I got a crazy text from Jayhmie (Davaleen's cute friend) it said: "Hey Dawn, I'm sorry it's so late (she sent it at 11:00 pm) I had some questions.  Dave's kids are trying to get some things done but don't know where to begin.  Do you know anyone who would be willing to do the prayers for the funeral, and the dedication of the grave?  Would any of your friends like to read a poem or anything or sing? Pat is just so overwhelmed with everything that he hasn't let me help until last night....poor Pat.  He just has so much on his plate.  It's so difficult when you lose your only parent and pretty much have to plan everything alone while you're trying to wrap your mind around everything and are trying to grieve."

I'm not going to lie...I thought this was all too crazy since we have messaged Dave's kids volunteering to help with anything at all.  I do know that they must be in shock and are so overwhelmed and truly I felt bad but was also kind of stressed.  I got my "sista's" involved and we were able to come up with everything they needed and it did feel good to be able to help.  My friends and I just felt that Davaleen deserved a nice service and would do anything to make sure it happened.  We stayed at the Mortuary until 9:30 pm practicing a song to sing at Dave's funeral (tomorrow)....I might add we only had a few "real" singers and so it will be interesting.  The song is one that another friend wrote about Angels...it's really pretty.
I loved how Davaleen looked and loved the beautiful flowers surrounding her.  I was so pleased that everything was so nice.  I know my dear friend was pleased too.

Davaleen was one of the kindest friends.  She was extreme in  her emotions and went the extra mile expressing her love, her concerns and her happiness with us.  I will forever cherish the fun and dear memories I have had with my sweet friend.  Her passing has tugged at my heart and is very painful.
I truly know that she is still very close and will be watching out for all those she loved and cared about.  Davaleen made my life happier!  Her passing has made me stop and evaluate my life and I desire to be better today than yesterday...so even in death there is good.  My prayers will continue for her children and sweet grand baby!  Shine on Sweet Davaleen!

Love Your Forever Friend, Dawn Ropelato

0 comments: