Monday

Kellie's Birthday Lunch

I absolutely adore Kellie!  I'm so glad to have her as a friend.  She is so kind and thoughtful!  She's fun to hang out with.  Today we went to lunch and since neither of us needed to hurry back home for any thing we did a little shopping. First though we ate a Zuppa's.....a favorite of mine.  It was delicious as always!

After lunch we went to Ultra because my straightening iron quit working and I really depend on it.  We were lucky because the Chi Straighteners were on sale.  I also need some new "clippers" not "buzzers". (I call things the wrong thing sometimes)  They had a pair that was on sale and seemed to be heavy duty and so I bought them.  I also decided to get some more lip gloss since I was scraping the bottle of the one I had.  I was really glad that Jennika (my friend) was working because she was a big help with everything.  She showed me two different colors of lip gloss and I took both of them. I'm easy to please.  Even though Kellie doesn't use a straightener she decided to get one too and try it out.

Next we hit TJ Max and Kellie found a cute shirt.  I told Kellie that I hope before I die I will be able to walk into a store and choose a size small shirt and know that it will fit me.  I don't like the style of shirts this year and haven't gotten any ones.  I keep looking but don't find a thing and so I continue to wear my old ones that I like.

Then we went to See's Candy for a free sample.  I seriously didn't know they gave out free samples and if I did know I have been good to forget.  Kellie bought us each another piece of chocolate.  They were yummy!

We ended our day by going to the Quilted Bear.  I don't visit that store as much as I use to since I haven't changed much in my home or need much because it's pretty full.  I have been in the mood to add more color to my family room and even looked a month or so ago when I first decided I wanted more color.  I found a few cute signs.  I came home and put them up and I like the color they add but they need more to go with them because they're not quite right yet.  I think I will add a few pillows for some color as well.  It will take some time because I can't afford it all right now.  (oh how I wish I could)

I had a really good time today with Kellie.  I think we need to do that more often. I enjoyed visiting with Kellie and I'm glad that she confided in me some of the things that are happening in her life.  There is something about being able to share your true feelings with your friends that makes the friendship stronger.  I'm glad we are that kind of friends. (secretly Kellie and I are hoping that are kids will date soon and maybe even like each other)

0 comments: