I had other plans for today but I'm glad I was able to change them. I was thrilled when Trichelle asked me if I wanted to go with her to celebrate Ivy's birthday since I am Ivy's favorite person. (that's what Trichelle said) We didn't tell Ivy and it was fun watching her face as she figured it out. She was happy which made me happy. Breakfast has always been a birthday tradition for Trichelle and her kids...Gramps and I were invited to join them. Gramps turned 84 yesterday and so it's fun celebrating both him and Ivy. We went to Pigs & A Jelly Jar and it was yummy!
We took Gramps home and we headed for the Front Runner. We decided to ride it instead of worrying about driving and parking. It was fun and interesting. You see strange things happening on the train and trax or even while riding them. Earlier a friend of mine saw a couple "having at it" on her ride....ruined her for life she said. I'm glad we didn't see what she did but the couple sitting behind me were enjoying each other at little too much and Ivy was blushing and put her hand by her eyes to block the view. People can be so thoughtless.
Ivy wanted to go to City Creek and was super excited when she realized that is where we were going. Her smile was huge. We had a great time and I enjoyed watching Ivy and thrilled to see that even though she is tall and I might thing she is older than "10" she likes the things that 10 year olds like. I told her that if she found something that she liked I would get it now instead of when she spends the night for her birthday. She found a few stuff animals that she liked and was going to buy one and let me buy her the other one. I told her she could have both. She was so happy she went and got another one. Trichelle was really glad that she gave Ivy $$$ to spend how she wished because she is certain she wouldn't have got her the stuffed toys. Ivy also found a cute jacket. I think she looked for the jacket because it was a little cooler than she had planned when she got dressed.
We had Sushi for lunch and saw Mitt Romney after lunch. Mitt actually bumped into Trichelle when we were leaving the food court. He walked fast to avoid people. He is pretty tall and we thought it was cool.
I'm so thankful that I was included in Ivy's Birthday Celebration. I love spending time with my kids and grands and it makes me feel special when they like to spend time with me as well.
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment