Thursday

Bear Lake part one

The kids and I went to Bear Lake on Tuesday.  Larry had a place reserved at the KOA campground.  Originally we were all going to go with the Taylors for the week but there were some scheduling problems at work and with the Taylors and so just me and the kids went.  At first I thought we should just cancel the first of the week and only go for the weekend but then I decided that it would be fun to just take Kimi and Jared. (Larry also thought that)  I don't take the time to play games with them at home or to just sit and watch a movie...it seems there are so many distractions at home.  So we paid to go away and spend time together.  When we arrived at the campground we upgraded to a cabin with a toilet.  It was a good choice since Kimi and I both got up at least 4 times the first night to go potty.  The cabin was cute and cozy and had air-conditioning. We liked it.
The campground had miniature golf and great playground and pool.  We played a few rounds of miniature golf.  I just have to say I had the lowest score. haha  We watched a few movies in the evening while we were there. (Kimi brought a little dvd player) We all got cozy on my bed and we all quite enjoyed being close to each other. We played games together every day and had a lot of fun.  
We went and enjoyed the water....I was going to say beach but there isn't much beach to be found.  We were able to find a small area though to put our towels and things.  It was fun playing in the water and laying in the sun for awhile.  Larry had called and invited us to meet him in Logan for dinner and so we had a light lunch at a new place called Crepes and Coffee.  The crepes were yummy.  The sun drained me like it always does and I took my time getting cleaned up.  The kids went and golfed again and Jared bought Kimi some short/pj's at the gift shop.

We were playing a game before we left and when I went to check the time on my phone Larry was calling and was already on his way to Logan.  We immediately left to meet him.  We were meeting at Fredrico's and he got there just a few minutes before us.  Zaden was with him and after we ate we let Jared and Zaden play on a big grassy area while we visited.  It was fun watching the boys run around laughing and enjoying themselves.  I was nervous about driving the canyon in the evening because of the deer but it ended up being okay.  We did see some deer but not on the road...close though.  I love the drive...I love the mountains.  We went back to our cabin and finished our game and put in a movie.  It was a fun day.

I know Jared really loved our get away...he kept telling me how fun it was and how much he loved me and Kimleighel.  When we were checking out we noticed that my car was leaking water....big drops.  I was concerned and wanted to have someone check it out for us.  A lady at a close gas station sent us to Laketown where she said there were some mechanics.  We went there and the guy told me it was from my air conditioner.  That's what I would have thought if the car would have been running longer but I had just started it and it had only been running for about 5 minutes when we noticed the puddle under my car.  I was convinced that we were okay.  The water was dripping under the passenger seat and not the hood and it was just water.  Since we had gone to Laketown we decided to just come home through Evanston.  The thought came to me that maybe we were just suppose to come home this way instead of the canyons.  Who knows for sure but I think there was a reason we were distracted.  It was a nice drive.  I don't think it's as pretty but the roads are much better.  We arrived home safe and sound, started some wash and will be ready to go again in the morning.

0 comments: