Friday
My Friend Karen
Karen messaged me the other day and wanted to get together some time. I told her I was bowling for Carla on Friday and so she said she would come and visit me there. Karen was really sweet and loving which was nice because for months she has been a grump. (which I told her) I know losing her mom was hard and I think maybe her medications were changed. She was so happy today and I was glad to visit with her. I'm a little ashamed to admit but I'm going to anyway...I was a little embarrassed that Karen kept holding my hand. I felt dumb and I would let it go and she would find my hand to hold again. Then a few times she laid her head on my shoulder. I'm glad it bothered me enough to cause me to think and correct myself. I should not be embarrassed how others choose to express their love. I do love Karen and I care about her. We are very different and sometimes I laugh and even share our differences with others because it's funny to me. For instance....Karen will come over to me and say she needs a hug. I am more than glad to give her a hug but the problem is she doesn't hug me back. I feel stupid being the only hugger and have even told her she needs to hug back. We laugh about it together but it's happened a few times after as well. Karen is a sweet person and I'm glad we are friends. (even if I feel stupid holding her hand) I shared this picture with Karen and she told me that it would always be a treasure to her. What a sweetheart! ♥
Posted by Dawn at 1:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment