Saturday

Conference Weekend

For the first time in years Larry didn't have to work and was able to watch Conference with us.  I really look forward to conference weekend and the things I know I am going to learn.  I take notes to keep me focused but I am really glad that all these wonderful talks come out in the Ensign and that Larry orders the CD's for them.  There is always so much to pack into our minds to try to remember.  I don't let myself get overwhelmed any more about all the things I "should" be doing.  I just try to grasp what I can ...I accept myself for the things I am doing.... but of course get "thoughts" of things I could be doing better and work on them.  The day goes quickly on these weekends.

After the priesthood session most of the family went to LaFerovia.  It's a tradition and one we all enjoy. (we missed Julie and the girls and Ivy and Zaden) Sometimes it's hard having two families with traditions on the same days.  It all works out though...  I had received a few texts from Ivy and she was feeling sad that she had to miss. She's old enough now to know what she is missing.

Usually we let the grands sleep over but since  Trichelle's kids were with their dads we postponed the sleepover for a week.  It will be better since they can come earlier and get more play time in together.  I'm excited for next week and so are my cute grand babies.  They love coming to our house and we love having them here.  Oh the simple things in life....

0 comments: