Tonight Larry and Justin were asked to go give Sandy (our accountant) a blessing. For the last few years Sandy has been in a nursing home because she had a few strokes and has Dementia. (so so sad) Jim recently found out he has cancer and has been in Texas getting treatment. (he doesn't have much hope of getting better) Their two daughters live in Texas and so there really isn't anyone here for Sandy. Larry and I go visit her and every time it breaks my heart. Anyway...Sandy got dehydrated and has Pneumonia and was taken to the Hospital. Kristen (a daughter) called Larry in a panic wondering what was wrong with her mom. Larry went right away to the Hospital and found out what was going on. He was talking to Jim and Jim asked Larry to give Sandy a blessing and to please take Justin with him. It kind of surprised us all since Jim has never acted like he believed in anything. He really surprised us when he told us that he use to go around the military hospitals and give blessings when he was young. We had no idea that Jim had been a member of our Church. Justin was happy to go with Larry. We all love Sandy and Jim. Poor, sweet Sandy kept pleading for someone to help her.
Since we were already out Justin said we might as well go to dinner and count it for his birthday dinner. He drove us to Moore's Family Restaurant and we all ordered. About the time our food came Justin got a phone call from his sister in law saying that her daughter needed a blessing really bad before they headed to Primary Children's Hospital. (her blood sugar counts were off the charts...she's 15) We got boxes for our food and left so that we could catch them at their house before they left for Primary Children's.
I felt the spirit strong tonight for both blessings. I know God knows us and loves us. I know He has a plan for each of us. I know that He depends on each of us to help each other with His work.
I feel kind of bad that Justin didn't get a big celebration but I also know that he is so busy that this was good enough for him. Justin is so easy going and conservative and doesn't demand or expect much at all. I was thankful for the time we had together and that Larry and our boys are worthy to Hold the Priesthood and Act in God's name!


0 comments:
Post a Comment