Sunday

Sadie's Blessing

Today was such a wonderful day.  Sadie was blessed by her sweet daddy.  I was so proud of Braxton as he gave his cute baby a blessing.  It was a very proud momma moment for me to see my boys participating in the circle for the blessing.  Braxton gave Sadie a wonderful blessing. I loved that he blessed her to have Sunshine...I can't quite remember how he worded it but it made me smile.
The weather was perfect spring weather.  It was nice visiting with the family afterwards at our house.  I'm so proud of Braxton and Kelsi.  They are doing a wonderful job at parenting and living like the Savior would want them to.

I was able to share my testimony with my family today.  I sure do love each and every one of them and I'm so glad that I get to spend eternity with them all!  Right Now is Good!

(oh and  I received another calling today.  I get to teach the class the Braxton and Kelsi were teaching..the 6 year olds.  I accepted the call because SNAP is winding up and I will have a few months off.  I don't plan on continuing though when it starts back up but who knows- maybe I will want to.  When I was called to work in the SNAP program I was told it was a Stake Calling and that I needed to be released from my ward calling.  For some reason because I haven't been serving in the ward I was added to the available list. Even though SNAP is a Stake Calling it doesn't get the credit of a Stake calling..the other Stake Leaders would never be put on the available list.  I was a bit bugged.  I spend 2 1/2 hours a week away from my family each week to fulfill my calling in SNAP. I am the counselor over girls camp which is coming up in July which I will be actively involved in and during the year I take my turn at being over activities.  I'm pretty sure that's a little more time spent on my calling than some other callings in our ward that don't serve on Sundays....such as:  scout leader or activities day person, or RS activity committee member, or visiting teaching coordinator  etc...  I'm not sure I should have stood up for myself and this calling or not but I did.  I know SNAP is where I'm suppose to be.  I hope I feel that way with my new calling as well.  I know I will enjoy serving these children since I love children and I love primary...just not sure why it happened.)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow two callings? That sounds busy! I have two as well right now, and I am like you, it kinda bugs because there are so many peeps who don't even have ONE. Hmm.... But I do love teaching Sunday School, just not the humanitarian leader as much. They asked me if I was ready to be released from that one and instead of saying YES, I said, no I'm okay! Now rethinking my answer! You will LOVE teaching those six year olds though!They will LOVE you!

Dawn said...

Thanks Jodi .... I know I will LOVE them. I subbed one week and they are darling. There is a little guy that is autistic and that's why they wanted me...so it's kind of connected to my other calling hahaha