We did a lot of whale watching this week. Every day we looked out our window and could spot these wonderful creatures as they moved through the water. It seemed that every day new swim lessons were being taught. One morning there were lots of tails being seen and used for swimming and not just the last part to enter back into the ocean. Another day I saw lots of fins. One day it was as if the whales were standing on their heads and the tails were coming out and going back down. Each day we saw whales breach and blow their spouts. It was truly my favorite thing. I love seeing the whales. The binoculars Larry bought last year were awesome and made everything better and so close. Larry would laugh as I'd say "oh my gosh...oh my gosh". I think he enjoyed watching me watch the whales.
It was the perfect time of year to go. The whales were marvelous and the temperatures were perfect. There wasn't any humidity this time and so my hair wasn't a fuzzy mess ever. I think this is the first time ever that we haven't experienced humidity in Hawaii and it was fabulous.
Larry and I took Roger and Carla to the airport. They were leaving about the same time as they arrived and so were we. (them around 2 and us 9) We had the extra time this side of the trip. We didn't choose to ride the bus though...since we still had the rental car. We did decide to wander the little strip mall they have and to also go to a show. Cinderella was just released and the theater was close and so we went to it. I loved the show and I know Larry enjoyed it too. It was a great way to spend a few hours. I love the quote: "Have Courage and Be Kind. Where there is Kindness there is Goodness and where there is Goodness there is Magic."
I'm not crazy about the late flight but will admit it wasn't bad. I took a Tylenol pm and I guess it helped me sleep better than I thought because before I realized it the pilot was announcing our landing.
I love vacationing with Larry. I'm glad he likes going and works hard so we can. I'm glad our kids are responsible and don't mind us leaving them once in awhile. I'm so thankful for each of my kids and grands. I think of them often while I am away and things are quiet and still. They are my favorites!
I love the Hawaiian Motto...."Hang Loose". No matter what happens in life we have a choice. We can let things bother us and make us sad and pull us down or we can look for the bright side of those same things and hang loose. Worrying and stressing about things doesn't do any good and won't change anything except ourselves. We all have things come are way that aren't pleasant and wonderful but while those things come we are still surrounded by so much good....so many blessings. It's okay to focus on the blessing and be happy even when things aren't completely wonderful.
Hang Loose and have a wonderful, marvelous, fantastic day!
Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment