Thursday

Oh SNAP

I went bowling and high fived the others in the air.  I avoided the hugs that I usually desire and love.  I coughed in my napkin and arm.  I bowled better than I felt but we still lost all our games.  The team we were bowling was pretty closely matched to us and all the games were close but we had less points in all the games.  Oh well....I really do not care.  We try each week to do our best and for me that is good enough.

Carla and I decided to stop at the Drug Store on the way home for some cough syrup.  Even though I got a blessing last night from Larry and Jaydan and even though I expected to wake up feeling wonderful I was still coughing with a bunch of gunk in my throat.  I took the cough medicine as I got home and waited for the miracle.  The pharmacist told me the best cough syrup to get and said that is what he uses. (it was a Walgreen brand) He said it works fast and is good.  I couldn't really tell a difference at first.  I still coughed.  In fact...I coughed so hard I was throwing up.  With tears running down my cheeks I looked into the mirror and remembered the part of my blessing that commanded the sickness to leave my body.  I guess this is one way of leaving my body.  I really debated on going to SNAP.  I told Nikki I would give her a ride home and I knew that she had probably already got on the bus to go when I was questioning what to do.  I decided that I had better go just so I will know what is going on since we won't be having a production this year.  For some reason a production specialist never got called...or at least no one accepted the calling.  It's all fine we will adjust and everything will be perfect.
I put on a clean jacket that wasn't germy and went.  I didn't get real close to anyone and just tried keeping my distance.  Ryan...my buddy...didn't care though and came and sat by me and gave me a little hug. (he usually gives me a huge hug)  I told him that he'd better not get sick and he promised me he wouldn't.  He also told me that he would pray for me to get better.  I figured that is all I would need...sweet Ryan praying for me.  The girls watched a movie and I was sitting there amazed how good I felt when I felt a cough coming on.  I left the room and remained out in the hall the rest of the time.

I slept really good for the first time this week.  I only coughed a few times but nothing major.  Everything is working great together and I am getting better.

0 comments: