Sunday

We Went Cruisin

Monday about 2:00 I picked Larry up from work and we headed to St. George.  Larry had booked a cruise for us since he was needing to get away.  (I think he likes hanging out with me too)  Larry made arrangements with Jerry and Darinda so that we could spend the night at their house.  They were in LasVegas but said it would be alright if we did.  I always take our own sheet and towels now so we can just get up and go.  The sunset was absolutely stunning as we drove.  I loved all the colors in the sky.  I love sunsets and sunrises.  We went right to bed and got up early to get on the road hoping to avoid too much traffic in LasVegas.  We did alright.
My Uncle lives in California and I have been communicating with him and my aunt a little the last few years.  I called and told them that we were getting on the Cruise ship in San Pedro and wondered if there was any place close that we could meet.  I had mentioned Barstow and immediately they said they could meet us there.  I knew Barstow was on our way but wasn't sure it was very convenient for them.  It's 100 miles and a few hours from their home but they were happy to meet us.  They even had something they were committed to for Tuesday but decided they would change it.  I could tell they were about as excited as I was.  I haven't seen them since I was in High School.  It was wonderful meeting them.  Our timing was perfect and we saw them standing outside of IHop as we pulled into the parking lot.  We all knew right away that we were the ones. (wink)  We visited for a few hours before we had to leave.  We shared pictures of our families and talked about our lives.  It was really enjoyable to me.  My Uncle and Aunt are in wonderful shape and very healthy.  They are very active still and I know that is why they are doing so well.  I was so happy to see that.  My uncle loves sports and has always played a lot of them.  Larry told me that Uncle Morris (Ben) even tops Larry's love of sports and also his activity with them.  Being active is a very Healthy Choice.  My heart is so happy!  I'm so glad we were able to meet.  I really hope we will plan a time to go and stay with them since they have invited us a few times now.  I think we would love where they live.  It's in the mountains.  My Uncle assured us they had room for all of us...even our married and grands. Meeting Uncle Morris and Aunt Gail was a wonderful way to begin our mini vacation. 
I made this saying up after arriving in Ensenada.  A change of scenery is good for the soul and a relationship.  Getting away is good every now and then.  I loved just being with Larry and doing whatever we wanted to do...when we wanted to do it.  We slept in and didn't rush to breakfast.  We watched a few movies.  We ate when and where we wanted.  We had a very enjoyable, relaxing time.  It was good for both of us.
We met some nice people and enjoyed some good conversations.  We enjoyed the entertainment at night.  The dancing was fabulous by the performers.  We sat on the front row the first night (we just felt like it) and being so close you could tell how hard the dancers were working.  The moves are so exaggerated which takes a lot more energy.  It was fun.  The next night we sat back a little and enjoyed a magician.  He had a little quiz on the big screen before his show and I was fooled every time.  At least three times he had a sentence where he put "the the".  The mind will automatically correct it and only see one of the "the's".  Even knowing that I missed it a few more times.  Larry noticed once.  So his magic was wonderful and entertaining.  We enjoyed some Karaoke one night and a few other things on board. (art, watching others dance, and looking through the shops)  

I'm glad Larry likes to get away with me.  I'm glad that he plans things for us.  He's a fun guy and even more fun away from his responsibilities.  (I guess we all are)  I had a great time!  I adore Larry. 
On our way home as we were approaching LasVegas I called Julie to see what she was doing.  Her and Dirk were just leaving to go to a movie.  I told her we were almost to Vegas and was hoping they could join us for lunch.  They jumped at the suggestion and told us a place to meet them.  I love that they were so spontaneous.  I love these two.  They use to live in Hooper but moved many years ago.  The move was so good for them and their family.  Good Things have happened to all of them.  I think we are two couples that are a lot alike.  Dirk and Larry are such big teases and Julie and I think so much a like.  Meeting them was a great break from the drive home.  (we drove because Larry booked the cruise only a few weeks ago and airline tickets would have cost too much)  I love Dirk and Julie and their wonderful family.  They are awesome friends and people!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I can't believe you snuck in a cruise! I love your spontaneity! I think we all need to go on a cruise together...my inaugural one! hah
I could tell you were somewhere because I sensed because you weren't on Facebook as much. I almost text you with a "Where in the World is Dawn Ropelato?" Now I wish I had!

Dawn said...

I know....I didn't have service on Wednesday at all :) and not much the other days. I'm glad you noticed! :)