Saturday

Weekly Tidbits

 This week I have tried a little harder to do a little more good.  The few things I remember....I went to change my mom's clock and scrub her tub.  When I was almost to my mom's a friend from Hooper called and needed a ride to work since she couldn't find her keys...I turned around and took her to work and then went to my mom's.  I also told my mom I would try to help her sell my dad's car. (sold in 3 hours after I posted it)  I am usually very mindful of other drivers and will slow down or stop to let someone in...I always feel good for doing that.  I made cookies and took them to the people helping with voting. I helped my kids with the grands~that good deed works both ways.  I called a friend who is sad.  I know there are more and I will continue to look for ways to help others.  Life is better when we are looking for ways to help others...everyone is blessed in the process.
Macie had an early doctor appointment so we had the kids spend the night to take a little pressure off Natalie.  I love how excited the little's get when they get to come and play.  They are so darn cute...every single one of them.  We had a good time in the short time we had.  So fun!
After taking Mya to school I went to vote.  I took my cute little bunny with me.  I believe this is the first time Parker has ever put on the bunny costume and I took him out in public.  He was an Alligator and Woody earlier.  I love this funny little guy.  He told me that sometimes he listens to his parents and sometimes he doesn't.....just out of the blue while we were driving.  He makes me laugh.
 I love the view from my kitchen window.  I love it more when there are cows crazing in the field.  I love the country.
 I made cookies since I had a few ripe banana's.  I love making cookies and I love eating them too.  I started limiting myself to only one banana cookie....the last one!  (I'm kidding I eat it and if there's still more of the others I eat more)
Lorraine was helping with the voting and mentioned for me to have Braxton  bring her cookies later.  I took a big plate for  her to share if she wanted.  It would be a long day if you didn't get a few treats right?
Friday I had to run into Costco to pick up some pictures and I decided to stop at Ross to see if they had any fun plates or bowls for the Holidays.  I did find some table clothes and on my way out I ran into Cindy Carty and while I was talking to her Jodi came by.  I was actually thinking of Jodi when I stopped here because she has cute Halloween dishes and I thought I might find some here...or maybe something cute for Thanksgiving.  I was thrilled to run into a few of my friends....especially Jodi! (I also saw my sister in laws mom)
I got to pick Ivy up early from school.  Even though she had just ate an hour before she said she was hungry.  I was really hungry and so we stopped.  Ivy really wasn't that hungry but we had a nice little lunch and visit anyway.  I love this child!
 I was excited to get a text from Barbie asking me if I was doing anything Friday night.  I knew there wasn't anything on the calendar but decided I'd better check with Larry to see what his plans were.  He said it would be fine if I went.  I think he was going with the missionaries.  (his new favorite past time)  Barbie and I went to a Boutique and it was fun.  I use to frequent boutiques more often but have slowed down the last few years.  It was fun and we both ended up filling a little shopping basket.  I got another countdown until Christmas. (I love them and have too many already)  I also bought my married kids a cute place mat where the kids can put a letter to Santa and leave him hot chocolate in a cute Santa mug.  I will give them those at our family party.  I also bought some chips and salsa for Larry to enjoy when I got home.  I love Barbie and I was really glad that she invited me to go with her. We had a good time and talked a lot!  The saying: Friends are good therapist comes to mind. ☺
Saturday we went to dinner with the Winters.  It's so hard finding times when all our schedules match but we did it....Sue lined this up.  Usually we need to go to Hawaii to visit these two.  We joke about that because sometimes it really does seem true.  These two are great friends.  We all get along really well and can talk about anything.  They told us that they are going to get four new grands this next year!  Fun Times!  I'm glad the Winters are our friends...they are some of the best people around.
When we got home from going with Alan and Sue, Trichelle and TJ brought there kids to us.  It was late but still better than trying to get them in the morning.  Trichelle and TJ are going to Hawaii since Larry and I couldn't swing it this time.  I don't feel too bad though because we get these cute grands while they are gone.  Plus, I really like to see my kids take time for themselves every once in a while.  I know they will have a great time.  I know we will have a great time with these cuties.

Braxton took Ivy to her Spanish Ward for their primary program since Mya and Parker had there program at the same time.  We had already gone to Ivy and Zaden's and I figured Braxton might enjoy the Spanish Program a little more than any of us since he understands and served in Mexico.  Mya and Parker did a great job and did their parts so well.  They got to write their own parts and I was impressed.  They each sang really well too.  I was one proud gramma sitting in the audience listening to them.  There is so much pride and happiness when you sit back and look at the one's you love.  I get that with my hubby, kids and grand kids.  I love that feeling....so warm and wonderful! ♥

I have a wonderful, marvelous, happy, fun, spiritual, fantastic, remarkable life!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness girl, I am exhausted after reading this! HOW. DO. YOU. DO. IT. ALL? I should have bought that Superman shirt for YOU! You are Wonder Woman! I am especially amazed at all the good deeds you do. I need to be better at doing that. What a great person you are and I am so blessed you are my friend! So glad we bumped into each other while shopping! How fun was that????? Love ya twinsee!

Jodi said...

Oh and I forgot to tell you that however you did that photo of us, I LOVE IT! Did you do that in Picasa? You need to teach me how to do that and with the cool border etc. I need to do that! It's now one of my favorite pix of us! LOVE IT!

Dawn said...

It was done in Picasa....not sure what I pushed 😊
The frame was from ipicy I think. I'm glad you like it....the original pic was a weird color 😀. I don't think I do near as much as you....we both stay pretty busy 😊