Friday

I'm Flexible

Today I planned on getting some presents wrapped and to get things cleaned up a little.  The only think I had planned on doing was meeting Mallory at the Fairgrounds where there is a boutique so I could pay her for a piano we got from her.  Last night Trichelle called to see if I could pick up Ivy  from school at 1:00.  No problem...that would work.

I was just getting ready for the day when Larry called to see if I could take the Sister Missionaries a few Church movies.  They have been sick.  No problem...I grabbed a few movies, a soup mix, some chicken, a brownie mix, some hot chocolate and off I went.   I told them I brought them dinner with their movies but they would have to cook it.

I got a text from a friend asking me to stop by the bowling alley to check on another friend that wasn't doing to good.  Okay...I can do that.  I went up and said "hi" to everyone and got some great hugs and checked on my friend.  She wasn't doing good at all.  I suspect she took a few pills that she shouldn't have and she was really tired.  I asked her how she was feeling and if she was okay.  (My other friend was really worried about her).  She said she was ok and hadn't taken more pills than she normally does for her headaches.  I really wished that I could have stayed around and taken her home.  I think my other friend did because neither of us felt it was safe for the other friend to drive.  I said a few prayers for each of them.

I went home and wrapped a few gifts since that was on my to do list.  I also did a little more laundry.  Ivy called when I was getting ready to go pick her up.  She asked me to pick her up by the Junior High school by the side walk between the two schools.   When she finally got to my car she had a little friend with her that she wanted to come with us so they could play.  I feel bad sometimes that she is split between houses and doesn't get a lot of play time with friends and so I agreed.  The little girls mom works at the Junior High and so we went to ask her if she was okay with it.  She was and so off we went.  I had thought that the girls could stay home while I ran to meet Mal  but Jared stayed after school and so I told them they could just come with me.  I was on my way when Jared text and said he was done at school and ready to be picked up.  Okay...I switched my plans again.  At some point I told Ivy girls need to learn to be flexible.  It's a requirement to be a mom.  She laughed and said we weren't Elastic Girl.  I told her we needed to be because things are always changing from the original plan.  I think it probably happens more with stay at home mom's since we just stay at home (wink)...we can add stuff to our day...we're not that busy! haha

I picked up Jared and was able to meet Mallory and pay her.  I didn't get charged for any of the kids to go inside the boutique which was really nice.  I got a few gifts even and enjoyed the little time we were there. On the way home I was going to stop for gas and TJ called to see if I had Ivy.  I told him yes and I even had Audrey. ☺  He wanted me to bring them home which is kind of on the way.  I told him I was going to stop for gas and asked him to ask Zaden what kind of treat he wanted because I was letting the others pick a treat.  Zaden went into a meltdown.  I wasn't sure why and thought that maybe he wanted to come with us to pick his treat.  I kept passing the gas stations waiting for him to decide.  We ended up stopping and just getting him a treat and I took the girls home.

Today I was able to laugh at the confusion and changes in my plans.  I still got plenty done because I am flexible like that. ☺

1 comments:

Jodi said...

hahaha - this just makes me laugh! I love the analogy of Elastic girl - perfect for motherhood!