Tuesday

M of M (memory of mine)

While the doctor was telling me how Larry's surgery went we talked a little about prayer.  Dr. Otto (who happened to be the mission doctor in the DR when Kevin was serving his mission there) told me how he prays every day that he will be able to do his best and help his patients.  Then he shared how his nurse or assistant had told him one day that she also prayed for him.  He said he was surprised by that and never thought about others praying for him.  I smiled and told him that we always pray for the doctors....always!  Anyways as we talked I had a memory surface that I shared it with him.  He asked me if I had that written down anywhere and honestly I'm not sure so I am going to save it here.

When Trichelle was a nanny in New York there was a day that I remember praying for her safety not just once but at least twice that day.  The second time I was driving into town and said a little prayer that Trichelle would be safe that day.  I remember that because even at the time I thought it was funny since I had just prayed for that exact thing in my morning prayer at home.  I think I was suppose to be aware that I had prayed again specifically for her safety because later that day or night I got a phone call from Trichelle.  It went something like this.....T: "Mom you prayed for me today didn't you?"  M: "Of course I did....I always pray for you."  M: "But, you are right today I remember praying a second time that you would be safe." T: "I know...because today I hydroplaned on the freeway and went underneath a Semi and I am not hurt."  T: "I knew you had prayed for me!"

I have always believed in the power of prayer.  I have always known that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers.  My testimony started with my testimony of prayer!  There is power in prayers.  We might not always get exactly what we pray for that we think we need but our prayers are always heard and answered.

At this point in my life I usually try not to tell Heavenly Father how to answer my prayers or what to do as I pray.  I usually ask that I can have understanding and accept His will and that I or whoever I am praying for will have peace and feel His love.  I say "usually" because even though I try to do this there are times that I simply can't help but plead for my will.....like when those that I love hurt and are experiencing pain (any kind of pain)  I plead for the pain to stop....I can't think clearly enough during those times to just ask for peace and acceptance....but usually it doesn't take long and I remember to pray that I  or those suffering can accept His will..... I do have faith that things will work out no matter what the outcome is.  I really do have Faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and Their Will!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

You are such an amazing example!
What a great story! Glad you recorded it!

Dawn said...

Thanks! I guess stories like this need to be recorded more than regular events :)