Monday

Birth-day of Jordyn Jo Ropelato

•♥•♪♫ Oh what a glorious morning•.♥♫♡...Oh what a glorious day....•♥•♪♫ Jordyn Jo Ropelato•.♥♫♡....♫•*.made this her Birth-day!•♥•♪♫

Julie was scheduled to get started on the 15th..hoping to deliver on the 16th but Jordyn had other plans.  Julie started labor Sunday night and things went quickly from that point on.  We got a call from Kevin about 12:30 telling us that Julie was admitted.  He told us that he would call when things got closer so that I could make it up in time for the delivery.  I couldn't sleep after receiving the call and so I decided to shower and get ready.  About that time Julie was a 4 and had got just the epidural.  I assumed it would be a few hours.  Nope! Kevin called again just after 1:30 am and said that Julie was at an 8...that was fast!  I grabbed my purse and camera and headed up to Kevin and Julie's were I was meeting Jen,  Lynette and Kamryn.  I woke Jaydan up too so that he could come help Kevin give Julie a blessing.  (Larry wasn't feeling good...kidney stone issues)  I actually followed Jen and we got to the Hospital in record time...we didn't speed but there isn't any traffic at 2:00 either.  We went right up to the delivery room and I was greeted by cute Amanda Sims who was working that night.  She was so happy and nice as she got things ready for the delivery.

The Doctor was called and on his way.  Julie's doctor is Dr. Hartman....the same doctor that delivered Kevin. ☺  He walked around for a few minutes and then just said: "I have faith...you are going to do this....let's do it".  He had Julie push once and then once more and right away Jordyn's head could be seen.  The Doc told Julie to quit pushing and he went around the opening... helping Jordyn's head through and woola...there was Jordyn's cute, dark, hairy head.  One more little push and out slid the rest of her.  It was a wonderful miracle and the perfect birth! Julie felt the relief of sweet Jordyn passing...so perfect!  I was honored to be there and experience this special time.
The Doctor was pretty aggressive with Jordyn right at first.  He wiped her down and suctioned her and I'm sure she was wondering "what the heck?"  She was a little dark right at first but within seconds she took a breath and let out a tiny cry and pinked right up.

Jen had taken Kamryn in the hall and when Kam heard Jordyn's cry she wanted to come right in and wondered what took so long.  Jen got to explain a few things to her.  Jen is such a wonderful Aunt to Kamryn and a great sister to Julie.  She's just pretty wonderful and good to everyone.
Jordyn didn't cry much at all.  She opened her eyes as soon as they put the gel in them and kept them open for a few hours.  She is so alert.  She would look right at you and I got a few pictures of her looking at her daddy....so sweet and made this gramma's heart burst with joy!
Jordyn caught onto nursing right away and had her little mouth and tongue going all the time. ahhh so cute!  Kamryn was so excited and cute and very well behaved.  She is a going to be a wonderful big sister.

It was cool seeing my son give his daughter her first bath.  He is such a good daddy.  (my boys take after their daddy...all so good with kids)
Birth Days are so wonderful!  We are all so excited to have little Jordyn in our family.  Jordyn is beautiful.

What a beautiful, spiritual, experience for me to be there when Jordyn made her entrance into this world!  I appreciate Kevin and Julie for sharing that with me.

(it was the perfect birth to witness...absolutely perfect!)

3 comments:

Jodi said...

What a beautiful experience for you! And how in the heck can Julie look that good after having a baby! haha Jordyn is such a gorgeous baby! So happy for yoU!

Dawn said...

It was awesome! These pictures don't really show how beautiful Jordyn is....hey let's get together & I will take you to meet her :)

Dawn said...

It was awesome! These pictures don't really show how beautiful Jordyn is....hey let's get together & I will take you to meet her :)