Tuesday

Wanna Play?

I didn't have much on the calendar this week and so I text Jodi to see if she wanted to play. ☺  She's a gal after my heart and was willing to come play today.  Jodi wanted me to invite her the next time I went for a pedicure so we decided to do that today.  I normally don't get pedicures that often but thought what the heck...my heals are dry and could really use a good scrubbing.  Holy Cow...talk about a good scrubbing...the lady giving me mine was strong and not gentle.  She actually kind of hurt me when she was rubbing my legs and feet.  I was close to saying something but just toughed it out.  I didn't have a bruise after but checked because I thought I might.  Jodi's gal was a little quick with the snippers and hurt Jodi.  Usually these gals are very good  maybe they were trying too hard....yes that's it.....too hard!

Jodi and I tried to squeeze in so much talk in the time we had which wasn't enough.  She told me about her RS and how she had to give a little presentation on service.  She chose to focus on service through words.  I love that idea....saying nice things isn't a big deal but totally makes a big difference to the person it is said to.  She told me a funny story how an older lady would not say anything to a gal she was suppose to quickly compliment...awkward....Jodi finally had to help her out.  (oops....that wasn't suppose to happen).

So much was said and shared and some things hit me later after they had time to sink in.  We talked a little about the spirit preparing us like I wrote about earlier and Jodi referred to them as "pop quizzes".  I like that term....we are tested but it doesn't count...meaning it doesn't necessarily happen....which again I am grateful for.

Ahhhh...so much to be grateful for.  So thankful for this girl and all that we are able to share at this time of our lives.  If we lived closer we could be dangerous....we might get a lot done...or nothing at all.  I might run...no I couldn't picture that....well I could picture it....I actually think I enjoy running but when I try it I realize I don't anymore.  I'm glad we are close enough....I'm glad we get together when we can.


6 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my, you are once again so on top of things! THANK YOU so much for the spur of the moment invite! I love to be spontaneous especially when I have the time! I really enjoyed that pedi even if they were a little rough! haha Just glad they didn't keep asking for "five dolla mowe" haha. It was so much fun! I have been telling everyone about Pizza Factory and those bread sticks too! Mmmm.......

We really would be in trouble if we lived closer! lol And YES I would get you running. Trust me, I don't like it that much either, but after a while it becomes an addiction and you have to just do it and so I would get you to that point....(evil laugh!) and you would be a slave to it like I am. lol

Three hours is just not enough for us - either that or we need to hook up more often! I am serious about a little get away for a few days. We need to hit Kathy up. lol

I am praying all of the stuff we chatted about is just a pop quiz! Let's hope we end up as old biddies together in a nursing home pinching each other. Now that's a great visual! LOL

Jodi said...

Okay I think that was the longest comment I have ever left!

Maybe if instead of long comments I worked on my posts, they would be more prompt like yours!

Jodi said...

LAST ONE! I promise! I forgot to tell you and I meant to that when I got home Dave asked me what we did and I told him we got pedi's and lunch and he said, "I thought you went to play?" haha I just asked him what he thought getting pedi's and lunch was? Of course I had to do the nail lady accent a couple times and then he started to "get it". lol Anytime with you is play time!

Dawn said...

Lol :D next time we will add a game of hop scotch or something :) I left a pretty long comment on your blog too....:) I would run with you.....and laugh and probably pee pee my pants. I know it would be addicting. Even my morning to the gym is getting addicting....I still don't like going but I love the feeling on my way home :) so I go!

Dawn said...

I love the nail lady accent :D it makes me laugh

Dawn said...

I love the nail lady accent :D it makes me laugh