Friday

Weekly Tidbits


*I had a friend ask me to help her drive to Indiana the first week of July.  It's so hard for me to say that I can't.  I felt bad that I couldn't help her out but I know that I am needed at home more.  Shari and her kids are coming that week and family comes first.

*I bought a new shelf for my family room before Christmas.  When I picked it up it didn't have any way to hang it so after about a month I took it back and asked them to finish it.  They called and said it was ready and so I picked it up again.  I guess ready means "here's the screws and hook...put them where you want."  The shelf has been in my garage for months.  I wanted to be sure to put the hooks so I could hang the shelf on studs.  I got my stud finder out and pencil and put the hooks on the shelf.  I put the screws in the wall where I had found the studs but when I hammered.....there wasn't a stud in either spot.  Oh well.....I tried...the shelf might fall but it is hung.  Now I need to get current pictures of my grands to hand from the pegs.  I have magnetic frames to hang from the pegs.
*Cookies.....I love cookies and so I decided to make some.  I was actually going to make them for Skips funeral but ended up deciding that they would be good to take camping with us.  I made brownies for the funeral instead but did include a dozen cookies as well.
*I burnt my finger with my hair straightener while on the cruise.  I put my finger right in the straightener along with my hair.  It hurt for a minute and when it felt better I about did it again.  Not sure why I was having problems that day.  My finger is tough and so am I.
*I love my visiting teachers.  I actually chose these two to be my visiting teachers a year or so ago.  I just asked them to come visit me and the RS President found out and just assigned them to me.  I could visit with them all day and sometimes I do keep them too long.  A short visit is an hour....I wonder if they dread coming?  They are wonderful and make me smile.  I hope if they need to get away quicker they will just tell me and not ask to be changed. ☺
*It was Tonya's birthday on Wednesday and it's kind of a tradition for me to go to her work at Weber High School to wish her a Happy Birthday.  We had just set a day for me to take her to lunch but I couldn't help myself.  I went out anyway.  Usually her work is crazy with school getting out but this year the craziness must have happened earlier because it was fairly calm and I ended up staying for a few hours. (she wanted me to....so I obliged) I love my sister/friend.  I can't wait for Tuesday. 
                                               
*Kamryn and her cousin graduated from Kindergarten.  I wasn't able to attend the ceremony but Grandpa Larry did. (I had SNAP)  What cuties the grands are.
The closing social for "SNAP" was Thursday and since I have missed so many weeks the last month I thought I had better show up.  Besides the women were putting on a Carnival and I needed to help.  It was fun and I got lots of hugs when I pulled up.  The participants are feeling comfortable with me now and show it.....I love it!  Most of the women leaders are new...in fact Heidi (in gray shirt) was released last week and she was the last of the experienced ones.  I'm glad I got to know her....everyone is going to miss her like they have the other leaders that have been released.  
The guys provided a cook out of hamburgers, hot-dogs, salads, chips, pop and cake.  It was good and then women had a little carnival for everyone.  The participants loved it.  I loved seeing their enthusiasm and expressions on their faces.  I helped with a game where they shot Nerf rockets through a hoop.  I put my face behind the hoop and dared them to hit me.  Only one rocket got my face.  A few hit my body. The enthusiasm and excitement was fun.  I love how wonderful and easy to please the participants are. They make my heart smile. ♥
*Larry went to Skips viewing and had to leave after waiting for almost 2 hours so he could make it to  Kam's graduation. After the graduation he went back to the viewing and saw the people that he had been waiting by.  He got in line again and was the last person there.  I could have went home changed and still met up with him....but I didn't know that until it was too late.

*On my way home from SNAP I stopped by Barbies because her and Cari had a party.  The lady was leaving but I did find a skirt real quick before she was packed up.  I love Barbie and her girls.  I'm glad I was able to catch them for just a minute.

3 comments:

Mindy M. said...

Love you Dawn ~ I'm so glad we come visit with you every month. I love all the goodies you give us. Something is wrong there ~ we should bring you the goodies.

Jodi said...

I think those cookies are bigger than your face!

LOL

Dawn said...

It's always the last cookie that I eat....it's always the biggest! :D I think the pictures are so funny because I have melted chocolate chips on my teeth and lips. Mmmmmmm