Friday

Skip Nicholas

Some people inspire you to be better.  Skip was that kind of person.  I love attending funerals at this point in my life because I always learn so much more about the person who has passed.  I learned that Skip enjoyed attending funerals too....it was said that he liked going to the funerals of his friends, friends.  He told a friend of his that he covenanted to "mourn with those that mourn".

Skip belonged to a group called Temple Riders.  He loved visiting the Temple and always took a picture of his Harley in front of the one he was at.  He tried to attend the temple every Wednesday before work.  What an example to me. The road outside the church was lined with motorcycles and the walks were surrounding by flags.  What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man.
Skip's son Jason came home from his mission to attend the funeral.  I'm glad he did.  I think it was good for everyone to see and hear that he is okay.  Jason was the last speaker and is quite the guy. Skip went into work after talking to Jason on Mother's Day (3 days before he passed) and told the others that his son was a man.  Yes...Yes he is!  The kid has grown so much in a short time and understands.  He had told his mission President...."I have seen the blessings and I know the plan."

Molly and her kids will be blessed.  God loves us and will make sure we are taken care of.  Skip is close and will also be there for his family.  He was a missionary here through the way he lived his life and the work is continuing.  His influence will not be forgotten.  It's all meant to be!  We can do hard things....and we do!

God Bless Us All!!!

(sometimes while I am at a funeral I wonder......I wonder what kind of legacy I am leaving?......I wonder what I will be remembered for?.....I wonder if I am making a difference?  Then I commit to try harder and do better)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

One of my facebook friends (and local friend) posted about Skip as well. You don't know Lori Price do you? I'm not sure how she knew him but he was apparently a good family friend. So sad....he sure seems like he was a great guy.

Dawn said...

That name doesn't ring a bell....Skip had a lot of friends. He really was a great guy....he made everyone feel like they were his best friend