* At the beginning of the month when I went to book club, Suzie mentioned that her mom wasn't doing well and she expressed her feelings to Kathy and I that it would be nice if her mom could pass quickly instead of living like she was for years. Her mom passed a week or so later. I guess they had a memorial for her in CA where she was living but had a funeral for her here where most of the family lived. She was buried my Suzie's daughter Shay. I was so impressed with the talk that Suzie gave in honor of her mom. It was like a poem...it didn't rhyme but it still like a poem. For instance she would say: "water" and then mention the things that involved water that reminded her of her mom....like beach, swimming, etc. I loved it and was so proud of Suzie!
* I attended the funeral of Rae Erwin. This lady was my friend and I enjoyed hearing about her life and the things that she liked. Rae did a lot and enjoyed her life. She was always busy with something. I am so glad I went and visited her the day before she passed. Her friend that she went to water aerobics with told me that her and Rae would tease about wanting to just drop dead when it was their time. Rae got her wish. She was at the pharmacy getting her prescription and she dropped dead. I'm happy for Rae and pictured her going through the veil looking over both shoulders and saying: "that wasn't bad at all." I'm so glad that I was able to interact and spent time with Rae. She has been a great example to me. I sure love her! on the back of the program was this neat poem....
To Those I Love
When I am gone, just release me, let me go so I can move into my afterglow. You mustn't tie me down with your tears; let's be happy that we had so many years. I gave you my love you can only guess how much you gave me in happiness. I thank you for the love you each have shown, but now it's time I traveled on alone. So grieve for me awhile, If grieve you must, then let your grief be comforted with trust. It's only for a while that we must part, so bless the memories within your heart. And then, when you must come this way alone, I'll greet you with a smile and a "Welcome Home."* I enjoy picking Ivy and Zaden up on Mondays and bringing them home to play with Mya and Parker for a little while before I have to take them to tumbling. I am glad that Natalie doesn't mind coming to my house for piano. It saves me from driving and the grands get to play with each other which they all love.
* Macie cried when I held her on Sunday and Monday. I need to work on getting her to smile and coo at me again. I hope this little phase doesn't last long.
*I went to my mom and dad's on Friday and my sister came just after I got there. I love bumping into this gal. I love her and hope good things happen for her.
* Kamryn had a birthday party at Get Air bright and early on Saturday morning. It was a pajama party which was perfect. It was so much fun watching the kids jump and enjoy themselves. (even my big kids jumped and enjoyed themselves.) I jumped a little and jumped into the pit and had a hard time getting out. My bravery and coordination have gone. I know I looked like a goof. I'm glad only a few people even saw.
* Larry and I went to dinner with the Malone's to discuss our plans for our cruise that is coming up. I'm getting really excited and think it will be fun. We are going to Alaska and we are all hoping that we see whales....actually we are expecting to see some. Larry bought me some super nice binoculars to make it more enjoyable. He said they are my mother's day present, and birthday present, and Christmas present for a few years! Larry is so sweet and knows how much I enjoy whale watching. I told him he could go on the hike he wants to the next time we go to Hawaii and I will sit on a beach and watch whales.








0 comments:
Post a Comment