I am so thankful for memories...and pictures to help us remember. I am so glad that I knew and could call Gina Talbot Smedley my friend. Gina was a fighter....you have to be if you get cancer! She was positive and trusted in God. She Praised God Always! I loved that about Gina! She smiled even when she didn't feel like it. She lived for everyone else! She lived her life until the very end.
I treasure the day that Jodi and I went to visit her. She was coherent and able to express her feelings to us. She knew her time had come that she would be meeting our Savior...she accepted that. We were able to express our love for each other. I knew that would probably be the last time I would see my friend alive in this life....that day is precious to me. I'm so glad that Jodi followed the prompting that she got and invited anyone to join her. It worked out perfect for me and I believe that was a tender mercy. God knew I wanted to see Gina before she passed.
I'm so thankful for God and the love He is constantly showing to us. I am finally at a point in my life that I am able to recognize it and allow Him to guide my life. I believe He always has but I see it now and it's easier to follow His wishes. I know that we are guided to others so that God can bless us through them. Gina blessed so many around the world because she shared her faith and journey. I know that we all bless more than we know and I am so thankful for everyone that crosses my path in some way or another.
It's so hard losing our loved ones. Our hearts and souls ache for them....that's part of this earthly experience. I think it's the hardest part of life....even believing (or knowing) we will see them again. It hurts because we love.
Today a few of us gathered at Gina's grave to celebrate her life a little through our thoughts and expressions. We as friends continue to make memories and live our lives. We celebrate each other...we support each other....we love each other. We are the Angels in Life!
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
What a beautiful post and tribute to Gina. She is very missed and we are blessed we have her example and memory to keep showing us the way we should live.
I'm sure she was up there getting a chuckle at us taking those photos near her grave!
Post a Comment