Yesterday and Today I spent a lot of time in the kitchen doing something I enjoy. I baked cookies....lots and lots of cookies. Yesterday I made a double batch of banana cookies with chocolate chips and a double batch of banana cookies without chocolate chips. When I was done I went and got a pedicure. ☺ I love my banana chocolate chip cookies and that's why I volunteered to make some for the reception. MaryLou is doing most the cookies but I figured I would make some too and if we have extra.....good!
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Cream: 1 cup sugar, 2/3 cup shortening, and 2 eggs.
Add: 1 cup mashed banana's, and 1 tsp vanilla and mix
Add: 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 2 tsp baking powder....mix
Add: 2 1/2 cups flour and mix then add 1 cup chocolate chips
Drop on greased baking sheet and bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes (they don't look done but are)
Today I made a double batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies from a Recipe Natalie gave me. In fact I baked today to help Natalie out because she was going to make these along with her Swig Sugar Cookies. I have more free time than her and so I decided to make the Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This is her recipe:
Cream: 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup margarine (use margarine not butter)
Add: 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, and 2 TBL milk...mix
Add: 1 tsp cream of tarter, 2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt...mix and add: 3 cups of flour and a cup or so of chocolate chips.
Bake on greased cookie sheet at 325 for 10-12 minutes (these don't look done either but are so soft and good)
After I made these I ran Jared to the Ortho and went and bought a few more ingredients so I could make more cookies. I used another recipe just for fun. This recipe didn't flatten as much. I doubled this recipe too.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with lots of Chips
Cream: 1 cup of butter (I used butter), 3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, and 2 eggs
Mix in: 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla, 3 cups flour, and 3 cups chocolate chips (wow...that's three times more than I used in the other recipe....you get a little dough with your chocolate chips...I liked it)
Bake at 375 for 8 minutes
So my freezer is full of ice cream and cookies. We are ready to party at Braxton and Kelsi's Reception. I'm so excited for these two and glad that I am able to help out a little.
*note to self* get chicken nuggets and french fries for Kelsi and Braxton so they can have what they wanted to serve at their Reception. Oh...and don't forget the silver platter! (sometimes mom's aren't worth arguing with....as much as I love cookies I would have served the nuggets and fries)
Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment