Our Book Club is getting smaller and that is okay. (the others will be back soon after their missions) We have grown in sisterhood and friendship and I don't think we will be getting bigger any time soon. In a few years we will be together again and hopefully we will still be meeting when it's mine and Larry's turn to serve a mission and they can wait for us to return. ☺
Today there were three of us and we went to Taggarts for lunch and to report about the books we read. At this point in my life I think if we didn't have book club I wouldn't be reading at all. So, I am glad for my book club no matter what size it is. I am glad that I am challenged to read so that I can report and return the books I have borrowed.
Reading is an escape for me and I learn so much from the things I read. I really enjoy autobiographies and learning what is going on in the world around us....makes me even more thankful we live where we do and have the freedoms we do. I prefer my "bubble". I love reading all varieties of books. My favorite authors are Nicholas Sparks, Kimberly Krey, Mary Higgins Clark, and authors of their own life stories....
This month I read Hitchhikers by Bernard Poduska. It was a good book (true story) about a boy that was homeless through his childhood and how he survived. His life wasn't easy or pleasant by any means but he made the best of it. He has succeeded and was converted to the LDS faith when he was older. Because of the experiences he had he has been able to bless others. (isn't that true for each of us?)
The other gals hate when I pull out my camera so I had them take a pic of me at least with my huge sugar cookie. I brought home half my pita and three fourths of my cookie (I kept breaking off pieces on my way home) and shared the left overs with Kevin and Jared. The drive to Taggarts is worth it....their food and treats are so yummy!
I love Book Club and the gal's I read with!


0 comments:
Post a Comment