We are surrounded by good people. There have been a few times lately that we have needed assistance from someone else. A while back Brian Buck came over and helped clean up our computer and upgrade my ipad for me because I wasn't able to when I tried. We knew Brian would be able to help us out. To Brian it was no big deal at all. We talked about how each of us have different talents and are able to help in one way or another. I was glad that Brian knew what he was doing and that he didn't mind sharing his talents with us. He wouldn't accept any $$$ so I sent him home with Chocolate and made another treat for him and his family and took it to them the next day.
Last week a friend of mine gave me a picture frame to put our family picture in. She told me it was because I was always helping others. (funny I don't feel like I help others)
Today our good neighbor Durk is replacing our Hot Water Heater. I noticed the carpet by the front door was wet the other day and then Larry noticed it the night after. (glad he finally noticed cuz he didn't react when I had told him...he's tired) Yesterday I mentioned it to Robin on our walk not even thinking that Durk's specialty is exactly this kind of thing. (I was just saying) Durk came over to check things out and noticed it was the hot water heater. He immediately called the Plumbing Store and got things ordered. Bright and early this morning he came over and started doing what he needed to replace it. He knew Larry had to work but did it anyway having Jared and Jaydan help him. Durk is a patient man and had the boys do a few things so they could learn. I appreciate my good neighbors for teaching my kids. (Robin has taught a few of my kids to tie their shoes and other things) So how's that? Durk took care of everything and installed a new Hot Water Heater for us. I'm not sure how we will repay him and Robin....they don't eat treats. (my specialty) Hopefully they will need something from Larry's shop and he can repay them.
Durk had a big smile on his face after going to pick up everything he needed. He said he got revenge on Braxton and charged everything to his account. Larry doesn't want to tell Braxton until he see's his bill. ☺
Good deeds are a wonderful thing. They affect the person serving as much as the one recieving. Because of the good deeds shown to us I want to look for ways to help others...a pay it forward kind of thing. I am so thankful for my neighbors for helping us out!!!
Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Good deeds and good friends are great! And you are too always helping others! I can remember quite a few times you've helped me and my family, and I'm sure we aren't a special case. So good to see you the other night. Whereever you are the sunshine comes with! :)
Thank You Krystal...it was great seeing you and your cute family! Your comment just made my day and made my eyes "sweat"
Post a Comment