Wednesday

Mud....the kids & hubs love it......me~not so much!


For Young Men/Young Women's tonight they played in the mud.  Jaydan also loves the mud and since it was in our field he asked if he could join.  My kids were so excited to play in the mud.
They "geared" up with clothes that they didn't mind saying good bye to.  Jared borrowed his clothes from Jaydan...so I guess Jaydan was ok with saying good bye to a few things.  Actually....I am pretty good at laundry and so I go everything pretty clean except the white shirt.


The kids had so much fun Kimi invited more kids to come over the next night and do it again.  Jared had such a blast that he declined the invite to play water volleyball with Julie and Kevin.  
 There is a reason I don't play in the mud.  It's because I am the one that has to clean it up...so I just say "NO".  I guess even if my family cleaned their own clothes they would still play in the mud because they wouldn't care if they had to wash things a few times which happened by the way.
I just avoid more work for me if possible.  I could have played in the mud with everyone since I had clean up duties anyway but I still prefer to just stay clean.
When I was younger I didn't like messing up my make-up or hair once it was done.....I still tend to be that way just not to the extreme that I use to be.

I am probably missing out....or so some say.  I don't necessarily agree.  I don't feel like I have to experience  everything in my life to know if I would like it or not.  Heck....there are some things I am pretty sure I would like but know better than to try....mud has nothing to do with those things.
My family had fun and for that I am glad.  I love hearing them express themselves with enthusiasm and I really enjoy the muddy pictures that some of the leaders took.  That alone without me being in the mud makes me smile.

Who knows maybe when I turn 60 I will invite my friends for a game of mud football....or duck, duck, goose in the mud.  Makes me laugh just thinking about it....so maybe just maybe that will be how I celebrate turning 60.....I just might even include a few cans of "shaving cream"! (I reacted badly to shaving cream once....not a bad reaction....acted bad)

0 comments: