Tuesday

A Day to be Celebrated and Remembered

It was on this day two years ago that Jared was found alive and well....it was also on this day eight years ago that a young lady lost her life.  We never know when it is our time or the time of someone we love to return to our Heavenly Parents.  So because of this day and the feelings that I experienced while Jared was missing I Celebrate Life.  Some things aren't as important as I once thought....other things are much more important.

Our whole family experienced so much love and care those two days.  I will never forget all the prayers in our behalf.  I will never forget the people that came to my house to comfort and support and to bless me.  I will never forget Larry saying that when he was ready to give up from exhaustion he would "magically" receive a text of encouragement and love. I will never forget all the people that showed up to search for Jared....many of whom we did not know.  I will never forget seeing trucks stocked with food and water just in case it took longer than it did.  I will never forget the love shown to Jared and our family when we returned home.  I will never forget the personal experience I had with God just hours before I saw Jared again.  I will never forget knowing that Julia (the gal that lost her life 8 years ago) was there among many other unseen "Angels".  I didn't even know Julia in this life but I do now.....she's close by at times and I know it.
I learned many lessons about life on this day....for that I will always be thankful that the experience happened to us. (I notice that is true with all the unpleasant experiences I have had...after they are over I am grateful for what  I have learned)

0 comments: