In memory of Gina....our little group of friends planted a tree for her. It was a fun and awesome experience. These women are such a blessing. In fact, Rex told Karie that the timing for Gina to be united with them again was perfect and a blessing in her last years of life. I believe being together with friends and family is a blessing and makes living and passing easier. It's nice hearing that we were a blessing to Gina because she was such a blessing to each of us. Each and every friend is missed when they can't be with us. We are all important.....that's the truth!
My favorite part of the whole tree experience was when it was planted and the dirt (mud) was put back into the hole and the ribbons were tied on it with each of our names and we held hands forming a circle around the tree and Rex (Gina's Hubby) offered a prayer to God. We all had tears in our eyes....it was so sweet. He blessed that the tree would provide shade for those that came to it. If only those that will come to this tree in years to come knew why it is here.....they would feel a little more than the comfort of being shaded....might even happen without knowing. It was truly a spiritual experience. No doubt sweet Gina was there to witness this and I believe she brought some friends with her. One of the pictures has a bunch of "angels" in it! They really are so close!
I loved that Mr. Talbot (Gina's daddy) was also there. He is such a remarkable man and I have grown to really love him. It must be so hard to have a child go first. He's so sweet.
Afterwards we went to breakfast at Kneaders. I always say it isn't about the food but maybe it's a little about the food since that is what seems to keep us together just a little bit longer. I love these ladies and will help plant a tree for each and every one as they to pass. I'm certain I will be the last standing because I am so willing to go.
I notice my blessings, I really do and each and every friend is right there under my family. Life is better because of each of them.
Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment