Sunday

Alexi's "See YOU Later"


Alexi is getting ready to leave for her mission to Reno, Nevada.  Today she spoke in church with another young man who is also leaving. (for Mexico)  Since the Prophet changed the ages the missionary work has boomed.  The age change had nothing to do with Alexi choosing to serve....the "Spirit" did that!  She had been praying and she heard the answer to her prayers.  Alexi is going to be a wonderful missionary.  She already converted a room mate of hers.  She knows what is important in life and knows that God is in charge if we let him be.  

I always look forward to times like this.  I love getting together with Tonya and her family.  I love them all so much.  They are my family that I chose for myself.  Tonya and I decided that many years ago when we were still growing up.
I was thrilled that most of my kids could make it.  Justin and Kevin and their families had other commitments in their own Wards...and that's okay.  We know they love and support Alexi regardless if they could be there today or not.
I love just watching everyone play together and interact.  It's so fun seeing the little ones enjoy each other as well as the older kids.  It makes my heart happy just watching.  It was a terrific day....hot but wonderful.

Larry had to leave so that he could take care of some of our Ward Business but he came back and enjoyed Tonya and Marks family.  I was hoping he would and that's why I just hung around myself.
I can't look at any of Tonya's kids without thinking back to the times we have shared while they were young and just growing up.  I remember when Alexi was born and we went to Arizona for her blessing.  She was crying so hard and Tonya was frustrated with everything and so I took Alexi and cuddled her and she calmed right down.  I will always cherish that memory...it is the first one I have of Alexi.  I have enjoyed watching the Coys kids grown up about as much as  I have enjoyed watching my own kids grow up.  They are all such wonderful people!
Today little Madi kept finding me and would come over for a hug.  She remembers when I came to help last year when her little brother was born.  I loved each time that she came over to me and gave me a hug.  I loving little kids and their Christ-like love....so unconditional!  They are true blessings!  Today was one of my favorite kinds of days!


0 comments: