We went to the play, Civil War, tonight and it was awesome. It was sad because war is just sad. I even cried but at least one time I laughed when Barbie and I looked at each other with the exact same thought about a statement. Even Cari who was sitting across the isle from us noticed us laugh at that part. (it had something to do with 20 shades of gray.....yes 20....but of course we both thought 50 would have been a better number) There were a few songs that were fun when the blacks were gaining freedom and I was appreciative of them. But the whole play was just a lot to think about and be grateful for. We are blessed and I honor and respect all men and women who have fought for this countries freedom. I am glad that the blacks received their freedom as well and I'm glad I didn't live in the era that they were slaves. I'm not sure I could have accepted that at all. I am blessed to be part of this group of wonderful women. We laugh together and share our lives with each other and are supportive of each other with the things we all are going through. I feel blessed indeed!
Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment