Friday

Multi Tasking like a scatter brained maniac

I had three hours before Book Club.....Plenty of time until I started getting ready.  First I thought I'd hurry and clean the bathrooms.  I always like to clean the bathrooms a little better when people are coming over.  That was going good until I went out of the bathroom to get the mop and I passed the laundry room.  Better put a load of laundry in and fold the load that is dry.  I fold laundry on my bed and thought today is a good day to change the sheets.  So I change the sheet so I can fold the clothes on my bed.  I am right by the bathroom and decided to hurry and shower so at least I am ready. Before blowing my hair I remember I was getting the mop but think it would be good to start the chicken since I am making Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch.  I start the chicken and put some veggies on to cook too. Then I go back to blowing my hair and notice the laundry that needs folding...oh ya and I forgot to grab the mop.  I fold the laundry go back to the kitchen for the mop and decide to hurry and sweep the kitchen floor.  Before getting the mop I go back to the bathroom and dry my hair and get out the straightener and plug it in so it can heat up.  I change the laundry again but leave the big basket of dry clothes on my bed.  The vacuum was in the laundry room and I remember I didn't vacuum the family room so I pull it out and start vacuuming down the hall and into the family room.  I check the chicken and the veggies and notice the sink has dishes in it so I clear the dish washer so I can load it with the dirty dishes.  I go back to vacuuming and remember I still haven't mopped the bathroom.  I think I finally got the mop and pushed it across a few of the floors.  The chicken is done so I pull it out and start the noodles.  I wipe a few counters and look for a table cloth before I cut the chicken.  I am unable to find a table cloth that is clean or long enough so I bag that idea.  I go back and cut the chicken, check the noodles, get the dishes out, make a mental note about the other things I need to do to complete the meal.  I get the butter for the rolls and move the rolls over so I won't forget.  I pull the pie out of the fridge so it will be thawed. (yep...I bought it)  I remember I haven't done my hair but hurry and finish the soup and have it on simmer and clean up the rest of the dishes that I have used.  I go in and do my hair and think wonderful I have just enough time to make the salad.  I start making the salad and just about have it ready when I hear a knock at my door.  It's time for Book Club!  I closed my bedroom door with the load of laundry sitting on my bed and grabbed my slippers....I was ready!

0 comments: