Friday

Books & Slippers.........

Shanna gave us all cute slipper for Christmas and so I thought it would be fun if we all wore them to Book Club this month....cuz you know.....slippers can be so fun. hahaha
It was fun seeing them all and watching them become friends. (I know I'm stale and should stop) At least our feet were warm and cozy and looked cute.
Everyone liked the lunch I prepared. Oh...because we have lunch at our book clubs.  I served Chicken Noodle Soup and Caesar Salad with a roll and Strawberry Cream Pie for dessert. (that I bought)  It was good and I believe I am done for the year with hosting. (yahoo!)
We discussed our books and made a few exchanges.  I didn't borrow any books this time though because I have bought a few that I want to read.  The two books I read this month were both really good.  "The Boy in Striped Pajama's" was a true story and really good and also sad.  It was about a little boy who's dad was a big guy for Hitler.  The dad moved the family right by a camp for the Jews. It was a lonely and terrible place for children and nothing for them to do. The little boy walks down the fence line because he see's something down there.  The dot he was watching gets bigger and actually finds a little boy about his age sitting on the other side of the fence in striped pajama's.  They become great friends and one day the little boy gets brave and goes on the other side of the fence with his friend.  I will leave it at that ...... I think by exploring on the other side of fence it woke his dad up.  I liked that book.

The other book I read was "Banana Split".  This book is in a series and I enjoyed this book better than some of the other ones.  It's about a lady just a bit older than me that always seems to find herself in the middle of a murder.  She likes to play detective and seems to pick up a few things the police miss.  It's adventurous and was staged in Kauai which might be why I liked it so much.  It was a light read and I enjoyed it.  I also started a book Shanna suggested I read.  It is called "The Harbinger" and I strongly suggest it.
I also started a book Shanna suggested I read.  It is called "The Harbinger" and I strongly suggest it.  I am half way through but this book makes you think.  It's fiction but I think it is based around true facts.  It parallels  the time of Isaiah to our time now. (starting with 9-11)  It's scary how we are repeating History again....Pushing away God.  Even the words being said are the same.....good book.

I like my book club...they're fun and smart and talented and wonderful.  We missed Suzie and Shanna today.

0 comments: