Friday

Book Club Christmas Party

Dang.....I belong to a great book club.  I love these women and I love reading.  We teach each other all the time and just have a great time.  Our Christmas party is one of my favorite.....well it is my favorite.  We have a nice luncheon like always but then we exchange gifts and trade "white elephants".  I always look forward to the "white elephant" exchange.  This year I was proud of myself for the gift I came up with.  It was a Redneck Wine Glass (canning jar on candle stick) and beans in a bag for a Redneck "bubble bath".  It was a hit!  The first gift opened cracked me right up though.  Shanna got a picture of Larry and I dancing.  So funny!!! Lorretta got a picture of us last year and used our faces to make a new one this year.  I had to have it and so I traded Shanna my gift for it! (my want to be body...right there)
The bottom of the picture said: In a desperate attempt to impress a local Book Club, Hooper resident Dawn Ropelato persuaded her husband, Bishop Larry Ropelato, also of Hooper, to audition for the 2013 premier opening of the sensational new sure-to-be-a-hit answer to "Dancing With the Stars", "Dancing With the Clergy".  Prior to the audition, (pictured above) Mr Ropelato was overheard saying: "If I had to shave my chest the least you could have done was shave your arm pits.""

I laughed so hard today my face was sore when I got home.   My head hurt too from trying not to cry too much earlier and then laughing so hard.  While I was taking a teeny break before our Ward Christmas Party Kimleighel came in and laughed at me for having a hair stick straight up.  She took care of me by licking her finger and smoothing it down!  Oh my crud......We both laughed so hard again!  I love laughing even if it does make my head hurt!

0 comments: