Tuesday

St George Getaway

I love surprises but I'm not going to lie this one kind of scared me just a little.  About a week ago Larry called me and told me that we were going to go to St George and he got us tickets to the Tuachan to see Aladdin and Hairspray. I love this kind of thing but the part that scared me is Larry doesn't.  He doesn't enjoy plays....they're too long in his opinion.  So I was thrilled but nervous at the same time.  I asked Larry why he did this......remember he sent me Roses for my Birthday August 12 too? (not my birthday)  He said he needed a break..... Okay but aren't we going to St George the first of October and to Hawaii the end of October?  Hmmmmmmm.....he even made reservations for our Hawaii vacation next year....November 2013. (strange in my opinion)  Oh well.....I decided to just enjoy our time together even if it did mean that I was missing Kimleighel's first dance!  I did enjoy myself!

We saw Aladdin the first night.  We also saw a few friends that we knew.  Funny thing is we saw the same friends the next night.  Kind of strange since there are so many people.
We stayed at Jerry & Darinda's and that alone would have been relaxing and nice!  To our surprise Jerry  & Darinda were there.  We didn't think they were going to be.  It was so fun spending time with them.  Wayne & Christy also came late Friday and so we were able to spend time with them too.  I loved it!
Saturday morning Jerry wanted to take us on the 4-wheelers.  I enjoyed our ride a lot!  I kept right up with Jerry and even had a mouth of dirt because of it!  In fact, I was pretty much covered in dirt! (so glad they had extra shirts to wear)

We went to a few mines, which by the way are everywhere.  We also went on the river bottom.  Not Darinda's favorite trail but she is a good sport and did it anyway.  It's really bumpy but pretty fun in my opinion.


 There was one time that Jerry and Larry went off looking for a little house and when they found it they wanted us to come up.  Well I couldn't see the trail and so I just went up some rocks and found myself on a big rock......it wasn't the trail.  I had Larry get the bike down because I knew I wouldn't be able to.  I was pretty proud of myself and the guys just laughed!
While we were riding I got thinking how life changes.  For years I was taking care of my kids and was much more serious and careful.  Now that they are older I am able to let the kid in me come out.  I will admit that this time of life is really fun.  If I could go back I wouldn't have been so serious while raising my kids....but maybe that was a good thing since they are pretty good kids!  It is what it is and I'm just enjoying where I'm at.
Riding around kind of wore me out!  I really needed a drink when we got back.  We cleaned up and Larry and I took off for another play.  We both enjoyed Hairspray better.  I think it's because our seats were better....plus I just like Hairspray.
I asked Larry if he was able to relax and enjoy our getaway like he had hoped.  He said we were still too busy.  That's funny because I didn't feel like we were.  However I did just want to watch a movie and we never did.  I thought it was because Football and Golf was being watched.

I was able to read and even have a little nap in the Harry Potter Room.  I explored the whole house and sat on a few of the couches that I normally wouldn't have.  I'm looking forward to returning in a week!  I love my hubby and the time we spend together!

0 comments: