Saturday

Divine Intervention

It's been a year since Jared's "little journey".  Since the time that Jared took a different trail Larry has wanted to go back to the Mountain and walk where Jared walked.  So we all had it planned to go to the Uintahs together and I would visit with Natalie and her family while the boys hiked. (I knew I would cry remembering back on that day)  I didn't go when I found out about Kristen's death.  I felt like I needed to stay and support Jim &  Mesa since I remember seeing them on this Mountain supporting us a year ago.
 Larry and the boys took off on Saturday morning and didn't get too far when they decided it was enough.
 Larry and the boys had seen and "felt" enough of what must have happened last year on August 12.
Even though we knew there was divine intervention......Larry absolutely knew it when he saw the thickness of the trees and many fingers that might have lead our son away into another direction and place.
Jared was told by a leader to follow the river and that the river would lead to the lake.  Jared has said many times that was a "freaking lie".  I pointed out to him that it was that knowledge ....to follow the river...that led him to safety even though it didn't lead him to the lake.  We are so thankful he knew that and had been taught that piece of information.

Larry said these pictures still didn't do the experience justice.  Larry said he would still like to take me but I don't have any desire to see the place of my worst nightmare.  The pictures alone make me cry! :'(

I know it was good for Jared to return to the Mountain.  When it was first mentioned he said: "No...I'm not going".  That has been the only time I have heard fear or resistant come from Jared since this all happened.  I knew that he needed to go back there and face his fears.

 Jared came back with big smiles!  I think he appreciated his dad and brothers seeing what he was challenged with.  It would have been easy for anyone to take the wrong path and to get lost.  We feel so very blessed and always will be for all the prayers and miracles that happened those days.






1 comments:

Natalie Ropelato said...

Sounds like this trip was a good experience for all those that went :)