Monday

It was fun

Traditionally the Monday Morning Bowling League would end their Season by going to Wendover.  This year there wasn't a Monday bowling league....they joined us on the Thursday League but some of the ladies still put together the little excursion to Wendover.  Debbie asked me if I wanted to go with her.  Even though Wendover isn't my favorite place and I really don't like gambling or the smokey buildings I said Yes I'd go with her.  I like the get away.  I also like the ride down on the Fun Bus.  We play Bingo and get donuts and drinks. I was actually the first to win a Bingo.  I only had 5 numbers but they were in a line so Woo Hoo for me, I got $2.00.  I won one more time and got another $2.00.  Look at that I am starting out with $4.00 ahead.
By going on the Fun Bus you also get a coupon book.  In it there is a coupon for $5.00, a free buffet, and a free drink or smoothie from Star Bucks, and a free drink from the casino (we got Pineapple juice).  So really it doesn't cost much.  We had a good time playing and visiting.  I have to laugh at one of the ladies I bowl with that couldn't believe that Debbie and I would even go....my response to her was are you judging because I sin differently than you? (Thanks to Pres. Uchtdorf)  I'm not a gambler and neither is Debbie.  We both think of it as playing an arcade game.  We have no intentions of winning and just play for fun.  It's a nice get away for the day.  It's not anywhere I'd choose to go but when a group of ladies are going then ya....I'll go.

I enjoyed the time with Debbie.  We don't get alone time with each other and this was nice.  We've been friends for a very long time.  It's fun remembering back to those earlier days.  It's fun having "Old Friends"!

0 comments: