Monday

Graduation Day



This morning I took Jared to get his garmets so that he can go through the Temple on Wednesday.  We bought his baptism pants too.  We didn't get his ropes yet since he won't need them for a few years.  I like our time together even just driving.  We are able to talk and share things with each other without interruptions.  We went to Blue Lemon afterwards because I thought it would be fun to share a little lunch time too.

I was more than happy to iron Jared's rope.  I'm so happy he did everything needed to get to this point.  He had me nervous for a few weeks but he came through.  A while back, Jared asked me if he had to walk....YES...Oh Yes .... you have to walk!  You earned it and it's going to happen.  I bet he's glad he did now.  I love the picture of Jared jumping for joy.  Kimi pointed out that his shadow looks like a Wolf which is Fremont's mascot.  (pretty cool)
Jared had some great support.  Both of Larry's parents came to see him graduate as well as; Kimleighel, Kelsi and her kids, and Kevin, Julie and their kids. The kids were all really well behaved and it was nice that this group was able to come to show their support to Jared.  The graduation was at 4:00 and it was pretty much impossible for everyone to take off and get there.  We know that everyone cares even if they couldn't be there.  This is Larry's busiest week at work but he made it in time to see Jared walk.  I actually enjoyed this graduation.  The speakers were good and the music was great and even though the Principle took quite a bit of time I liked the things he said.
We parked on the road so we could get out quick.  I remember being stuck in the parking lot when Kimleighel graduated and avoided it this time.  Jared just wanted to have Big Bens from Burger Bar at our house afterwards. We had a few more of our kids join us there.  This sure is a fun time with lots of things and people to celebrate!
Jared's preschool teacher posted this picture from her very first year of teaching preschool.  Jared was 4 years old....now they are graduated.  Jared is in the orange coat.  What a cute, happy little guy.

0 comments: