Trichelle and Kimleighel's cute friend, Sara was speaking today and so we went and listened to her. Some people's journeys have some big lessons and it was great listening to Sara tell hers and how she got through them. Sara is awesome and did a great job. She said she always wanted to speak in public but now that she has she doesn't necessarily care to again. She prefers working with others one on one. While we were there we also heard from Ms. Bluffdale. This gal talked about labels and being labeled. She had us do an interesting activity. We wrote down three labels that were placed on us in our life on little sticky name tags. Those labels brought up negative emotions but the worst part was we had to then go place those labels on someone else. Wowzers....not an easy thing to do. "you aren't good enough", "you're fat", "you're not very smart", "you're lazy", "you don't measure up", "you waste so much time"....etc. Those were some that I remember hearing. As those labels were placed on me I didn't care and they actually made me laugh. But, placing them on others was hard. Yet, we do that so often in life. We might not say negative things to ones face but often we do label others behind their back. It would be so much better for us all if we stuck to the positive things...looked for them and mentioned them out loud to one another. The best part of this day was spending it with my cute daughters. I actually had to change some things around so that I could be with them and it was worth it. I have such beautiful girls...inside and out they are pure Princesses.
I love that cute Krysta photo bombed us in this picture. She is a beautiful soul!
Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment