Tuesday

Getting My "Flex" On

Yesterday I went and visited Julie Ward who just had surgery removing some lumps from her breast.  She was in good spirits and we had a nice visit.  While I was there Tammy Truman came to dust for her.  My mind just does not think to help like that.  I have thought a lot about that and I think it's because I feel dumb having people help me with my cleaning.  Twice in my life others have come to clean something after I had a baby and I have a really hard time accepting that.  I admire those that can because people want to help and cleaning needs to be done.  We all visited while Tammy dust and then she asked if she could vacuum.  I refused to let her and I did it.  I'm not sure if I'll ever be better in this area.  I took Julie chocolate and a bracelet that said "never give up".  I can do that!  I've thought a lot about things since that visit and experience.  I wonder sometimes why I am the way I am.

This morning I had decided to make cinnamon rolls for the Wards since everyone that has brought in food has brought healthy stuff.  Julie told me that Logan was really missing some treats and that cinnamon rolls were his favorite.  I made the rolls and were letting them rise while I headed out to the garage to cut out Angel's for camp.  I know it's early but time flies and I really want to be ready and still enjoy helping Jared prepare for his mission.  When I turned the saw on it was LOUD.  I figured it just needed a new blade and so I changed the blade.  It was still loud but I decided to go ahead and just cut with it anyway.  I made it to the head and the saw quit.  My brain starts thinking now that I'm really glad I did not wait until later to cut the wood and how am I going to get these angels cut.  I really don't want to buy another saw since I don't craft like I use to.  I immediately was missing my daddy.  He would have rescued me.  My mind kept thinking as I folded laundry and got the rolls in the oven.

I was expecting my cute niece to bring me some essential oils and when I opened the door to roses I was so surprised.  Larry says "I Love You" through roses and paint on the carpet.  The oils came a bit later.

About half way through the cooking time I got a call from Braxton.  Kelsi was having bad pains and was at the doctor and their were wondering if I could go sit with the babies.  Of course I could...I'm flexible like that.  As soon as the rolls were done I threw a towel over them and left. (I should have used foil)  I enjoyed the little's until Braxton brought Kelsi home.  She had a really bad urinery tract  infection but would be okay. Later in the evening I made frosting for the rolls and put them on plates to take to the Wards and another friend.  Larry and I shared one before leaving and I was not impressed with these cinnamon rolls at all.  I thought they were yucky.  They looked good but were a little dry from sitting under a towel most of the day.  The frosting wasn't great either.  Who ruins frosting?  Well apparently when I am making something for someone else it's a strong possibility that it might not turn out to be my best.  Instead of taking the Ward's two each as planned we took them each one.  They might finish one but I'm sure they wouldn't want another.  I apologized when we dropped them off and later in the evening Larry and I each got a text expressing that the cinnamon rolls were yummy and I shouldn't be so hard on myself.  The one family said they would like to try my good ones because they thought these were good.  Even if those texts weren't the absolute truth they did make me feel better about sharing.  I noticed the ones left at home got nibbled on but I did throw one away.  Some times I really believe "It's the Thought that Counts".

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Roses for just being you? What a romantic! I made the mistake of telling Dave I thought flowers were a waste of money because they just die. He agreed and so I only get flowers on VDay and sometimes my anniversary. I think I made a mistake ! Haha Actually, I do have a hard time rationalizing the cost of them and so I would prefer Idle Isle chocolate! Sometimes I will buy my own flowers if I feel like I need some at a random time.
As for you rolls, it seems whenever I make something to take to someone, it never turns out! WHY is that? It should be the opposite I think! Oh well!
Sorry for the novel! Didn't mean to write so much! hah