Saturday

Grandma Ruthie is 80

My mom turned 80 while we were gone.  I made sure to call her on her birthday and I know she was pleasantly surprised to hear my voice.  I told my kids that if they could go to her house on Saturday we would have our own little celebration with her.  We had just got home a few hours before and so I just bought a cake and some ice cream.  I think my mom is doing really well for her age.  She's got a lot of life in her and is in really good health.  I think she enjoyed our visit and that we took the time to go celebrate her birth with her.  Jordyn sure loved great grandma Ruthie today.  Justin was teasing and said he was going to go sit on grandma's lap and Jordyn would hurry and beat him to it.  She even let grandma Ruthie feed her some cake.  It was so cute and if it didn't do something wonderful to my mom's heart it should have.  I enjoyed having everyone there together.  I kind of like being squished in her little family room that looks exactly the same as when I got married.  I love my mom and think she's a very good-hearted lady.

0 comments: