A few of us girls went to Carla's last night and had a sleepover. I'm really not sure why it's called a sleepover because there is very little sleep involved. We noticed it was the same group that went to Disneyland a few years ago. I was debating on really sleeping over but Larry ended up being sick and so it worked out great. He got our bed and I got a bed to myself at Carla's. Patti and I shared a room but we each had a nice queen size bed with a memory foam mattress. (I want one now) Robin and Carla shared a king bed in the other room. They stayed up longer and so we figured it would be better to split up into separate rooms than all sleeping together which we could have. Patti and I went to bed about 3 am and that's because Patti needed to get up at 7 to go watch her grands. I'm not sure when Carla and Robin went to bed and I know that they were still both asleep when I left at 8 am.
We had snacks and watched three different movies. We had talked about getting in the hot tub but not everyone remembered their swim suits. I love getting in the hot tub in the winter but didn't mind not going in. We snuggled in blankets and watched Sully, Lights Out and Premonition. Sully was really good and I want to rent it for Larry to watch. Lights Out was creepy and would have been more so if we would have turned our lights out. Patti and I didn't want the lights out and we won. Premonition was just weird. It was hard to follow and we all should probably watch it a few more times to catch everything.
Then we talked. We talked about angels and ghosts but focused more on angels since they aren't scary. We shared stories with each other. They were nice stories of others watching out for us. Carla has an inquisitive mind and asks lots of questions on things that don't make since to her. We got into some pretty deep discussions and everyone had open minds. I bore my testimony more than once and would not have backed down if I had been challenged. I shared my experience of being forgiven years ago and how part of the deal was for me to bare witness of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I did that tonight. I pray that Carla will recognize her prayers being answered. We talked about things she should be aware of and pay attention to while seeking her answer. She wants a sign and I'm positive she isn't noticing them. I know God is hearing her prayers and answering them but that she isn't recognizing it.
One thing that bothered me after thinking about it later was when Carla expressed her thoughts about "Why do other LDS families pray for their kids and their prayers aren't answered like ours were when Jared got lost?" I told her that I don't know why some people's prayers are answered a certain way and others aren't. I just know that it's all how it's suppose to be. The thing that bothered me was that I didn't stop and say that being LDS had nothing to do with Heavenly Father hearing or answering our prayers. I will probably bring that up to her later. God isn't prejudice. He loves all of His children no matter where they are in life. And, I believe we are all where we are meant to be at this time...I don't believe however that we are all meant to stay where we are right now. We are on a path and everyone's path is specifically for them and their growth. Also...as we go along our path we are able to help others right where we are. Everyone is important and meant to be where they are for the time being. Our progress on our paths is very individual as well. Sometimes we might speed right along but I am pretty confident in saying that we will reach bumps along the way that will slow us down. Maybe so that we will take time to help others on their paths or even to slow down so others can help us.
Another point of interest was how could all these Church's on earth claim they are true and the others aren't. I shared how our Apostles have said it. All church's are good and teach true principles. However, they are not complete. I told her how ours was exactly set up the way it was back when Jesus was first on the earth. I shared that our leaders are called of God...not men. I testified of that because I know for certain that is true. I told her that our church can add to what others have and that those church's are good if they are bringing people to Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. That's how our night ended. I felt good about our discussion. At times I wish I was more intellectual and could point out doctrine and specifics but that's not how I am. I have strong faith and "feel" and recognize the spirit. That's how my testimony is strengthened and that's the only way I know to share with others.
***Brynlie was admitted to the hospital Monday night when they took both of the twins in to get suctioned. Brynlie's oxygen levels were low and so she will be staying in the hospital for a few nights now. I feel sad for the babies and their parents. I know it's exhausting to them. I love how Kevin and Julie take turns staying at the hospital and supporting each other. They are working their way over a little bump on their path. Jordyn is coughing bad too but because she is older she might be able to avoid the hospital. (we hope)
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
What a great night! I feel bad I missed it but it sounds like the group that was there was who was needed to be there for the discussion that came up. I am so proud of you for how you answered everything the way you did. Gives me chills!
Post a Comment