I must say at this time of year there is so much to remember and sometimes I forget. Even if I have written it down because if I don't remember to look where it was written then...you know...I don't remember. Today that happened. I went to church and enjoyed listening to Heidi Mead report about her mission. I have watched this cute girl grow and I was even her visiting teacher for years and her mission has been so good for her. She is so much more confident and out going. She will always be a bit shy and reserved but it's evident that she believes in herself. The spirit was great and I loved hearing her message.
Immediately after our meeting we left to go listen to our cute niece, Jackie Ropelato report on her mission. As we were driving I mentioned to Larry that Justin had mentioned that he was speaking in his ward today. He didn't invite us but had just told me yesterday when I told him about Jackie speaking. That's when Larry reminded me that Jaydan too was speaking today. I had written it down on the calendar and even put it in my phone about Jaydan but that was a few weeks ago and I didn't remember. Dang...I felt so bad. Jaydan's church was a 9:00 and so it was over. I text him and told him that I was sorry and that I just didn't look at the calendar and my mind has been on overload for a few weeks. I'm sure Jaydan and Justin did great because they are great kids.
Jackie's ward was interesting. They started late and didn't get through with the sacrament until 20 minutes to the hour. They had 12 deacons passing the sacrament and still had to prepare and bless a few more trays of water. There were a lot of people visiting that ward today. Not only was Jackie reporting on her mission but they had another Sister Missionary talking that was just leaving. That gal talked until 12:00 which technically left Jackie with 5 minutes. I was anxious at the end of the other gals talk...I wanted her to end and she even said she needed to cut things short but I didn't notice it happening. She thanked each person in her family in detail. My blood pressure was rising. I really wanted to hear from Jackie. When Jackie did get to speak she did a great job. She didn't seem stressed about the time being gone and she reported on her mission very nicely. She took about 15 minutes and I was glad. Her talk was perfect and her spirit was strong. She served a great mission.
I love listening to others speak about how the Gospel of Jesus Christ changes peoples lives. I love seeing it happen. It's true ... it does! When we are following Christ and letting God guide us and direct us, life is pretty darn good. I love the Gospel and Know it's true! No Questions About It!
***Larry and I stopped by the Meads later that night and had a nice visit with their family. As we were leaving a few nice things were shared with us that sure made me feel good. Lorraine shared that when her and Kevin went to get his visa for his mission, my sister in law had helped them. She told Kevin that she was the gal that Larry talked about when he told the young men not to have girl friends before their missions. Larry's brother married the gal he left home just weeks before Larry got home. Kevin pondered that and then said something like...Larry got the better deal. Kevin just smiled as his mom told me and I high-fived him. Then Lance told me that he had always thought I was one of the better looking Lakette's in High School. Sweet! It was nice hearing and I can't imagine ever getting tired or bored of hearing nice things. It's those little acts of kindness that matter just as much as a big one.
Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment