We had an area conference today. We went to our church early to get a seat since all the wards that use our building would be coming. Not as many people showed up today though. I think a lot might have went out of town. We had plenty of room and we could have come at 9:45 and still found a seat in the Chapel. I was surprised a little. The conference was really good. There was a lot of mention about reading the Book of Mormon and what a blessing it is. Also of sharing the Gospel with others and how our fear will turn to confidence. I love a story shared of a man that didn't want to drink beer with his boss. The boss asked what kind of Church wouldn't allow a member to drink a little beer with his boss. The man's reply was awesome. He told his boss it had nothing to do with the church but it had everything to do with his promise that he made with Heavenly Father. The church has guide lines for us but really the reason we do or don't do something is between us and God.
Living the Gospel won't take away our problems or challenges but it will help us get through them. We will all have trials even if we keep the commandments but our trials help us grow. And, it is still possible to have joy through our trials. The joy and happiness the Gospel brings into our life is visual.
Another note I made was "a promise is a promise." Our word alone should mean something and making little promises each day can help us become better.
Smile and Be Happy.....those two things are great missionary tools. They influence others but they also bless us. Someone brought up the song Jesus wants me for a Sun Beam. That song is never sang without enthusiasm.
We had another Halloween dinner ;) intestines, living brain, monster balls, frog juice, baked caterpillars. Justin's family was having FHE with Nats family and so next week we will do this all again. ☺ I love our Halloween Dinners!



2 comments:
My goodness girl, you do a lot of Halloween dinners! I would I guess too if I had litles to make it for. Waaaa!!! I am so in love with your eyeballs! (Bet you've had anyone tell you THAT before!) hah
"littles"
Post a Comment