Woo Hoo....we are meeting again! Tonight was our Opening Social for Special Needs Mutual. We had such a great time. This year our goal is to have better activities. We started off pretty good. We played Hungry Hungry Hippo's. Everyone took turns being the hippo and the controller. There was only one injury and I made it happen. When I was pushing one of the guys out to get the balls I hit into some girls and the one standing up fell right on my hippo (guy). It hurt him a little and he had to lay still for a minute. I felt bad and didn't push anyone after that. It was so much fun just watching everyone. I think everyone enjoyed themselves. We had ice cream sundae's for dessert. It was a successful Opening Social in my opinion.
The Young Men Leaders are new except our President. Jared is the first counselor, Tom is the second (he drove the Fremont bus and knew my kids), and Ray Strong is the secretary. It's nice having the Presidencies filled. I dare say it's going to be a fun and wonderful year!
Before our Opening Exercises I was going around greeting everyone and the Spirit overwhelmed me. I love these friends of mine so much and I know that they love and appreciate me as well. I am just so happy to interact with them again. I love my calling....I have truly been blessed and I am a better person for serving these wonderful Children of God.
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment